hawksrule9

Josh Smith

FG% 3P% FT% RPG AST STL BLK TO PTS

2004-2005: 46% 17% 69% 6.2 1.7 0.8 1.9 1.8 9.7

2005-2006: 43% 31% 72% 6.6 2.4 0.8 2.6 2.0 11.3

2006-2007: 44% 25% 69% 8.6 3.3 1.4 2.9 3.2 16.4

2007-2008: 46% 25% 71% 8.2 3.4 1.5 2.8 3.0 17.2

2008-2009: 49% 30% 59% 7.2 2.4 1.4 1.6 2.3 15.6

So lets see here. Six key categories have decreased in the past year; points, blocks, steals, assists, rebounds, and free throw percentage. That cannot happen from a “top” player on our team. Nearly a two point drop off in points! One whole rebound less per game. Blocks, what he is known for, dropping way off. In fact, blocks and rebounds have tallied off the last two years. Two huge categories for a “super” athletic player. Now yes, he does impose some kind of fear in most players he is guarding but not as much as you would probably think. Ever noticed that most of his blocks come from help side? Ever notice how he gives up on a player who is taking a jump shot when he figures he is too far way.(At least put a hand up and box out!) And I can’t stand it when he complains after missing a lay up and saying he got fouled while the other team takes off down the court. Hey Josh, your not an All-Star, not even close, your not going to get every call you want bud! I know it looks like I hate Josh but I truly don’t. I like watching him when he contributes with strong post moves, good man to man defense, and when he gets that urge to go cross court to block a shot. But to me the negatives out way the positive, especially for a guy many want to become the face of the Hawks. His frequent feuds with Woodson, stupid shots he constantly takes, and his babyish actions when things don’t go his way. I say give him one more year. If he can’t pick these numbers up in a big way and clean up his act then he is out! I’m talking 18PPG, 9RPG, 2.5BPG, Keep the Turnovers down, and stay level headed. PLAYOFF AVERAGES: 16.6PPG 7.1RPG 2.4APG 15% From behind the arc!

We desperately need a big man. Trade Josh Smith, Rights to Josh Childress, and Speedy Claxton for Amare Stoudemire? You then resign: Marvin Williams, Zaza Pachulia, and Flip Murray and a couple draft picks and possibly Bibby if for cheap and were set to make a serious playoff run! Imagine this:

PG: Ty Lawson , Acie Law (If you give Acie the confidence to run the show? (10ppg, 5pag?)

SG: Joe Johnson, Flip Murray

SF: Marvin Williams, Mo Evans

PF: Al Horford, Solomon Jones/Draft Pick

C: Amare Stoudemire, Zaza Pachulia