• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will crawford start this 2009-2010 season? or will we resign bibby?

JTB

You can only understand my point if read all!!!

First off crawford isnt a bench player and I dont believe he will be on the bench this season and i dont believe he is willing to sit down on the bench. In woodys offense system i feel crawford works better cause he can do a whole lot more on offense than bibby can? I mean really woody dont know how to use a true pg. Everybody says bibby would run the team better than crawford.............really or did you not see bibby do the same damn thing the other hawk players did on offense this season and playoffs (dribble up the court and pass the ball to jj). Bibby takes pressure off of jj but crawford would take more pressure of jj because he can create for himself to score but bibby needs to be set up in order to score mostly.

Check this out and you cant say you wouldn't agree that crawford would work better in woody's offense system.

1. bibbys offense is limited against crawfords offense. (an what i mean is when bibby is shooting good than he's really shooting good BUT when bibby's shot is off, he's worthless to this ball club. As for crawford when his shot is on than same results bibby gives us but when his shot is off he dont have to keep shooting to break out of that slump, you know why......cause he can take the ball to the goal and get on the free throw line unlike bibby who is only a shooter and has been his whole career.)

2.bibbys defense sucks just like crawfords BUT even though crawford defense isn't much better than bibby's atleast the man got HEIGHT over these point guards which could have an affect on them when taking contested shots against crawford.

with that said, I have no problem if we resign bibby but whats going to happen to marv, zaza, and flip? I mean do we have enough money to get all of them back this season?

Crawford can shoot you out of a game just as fast, no actually faster than Bibby. He is a better scorer than Bibby but if he isnt hot he has no problem jacking up brick after brick. Defense is where I dont see this working with Woody. Guys get by Bibby because they are faster and although Bibby is a leader and gives effort on D he just doesnt have the jets to stay with quick points anymore. Guys get by Jamal Crawford because he just doesnt give a f about defense.

I disagree with this analysis.

You say Jamal Crawford does a great job of creating his own shots. Well, he may do a good job of breaking down someone off the dribble and pulling up for a jumper, but overall, 86% of his shots were jump shots. Of those 39% were assisted.

Obviously, Mike Bibby was more of a spot up shooter. 91% of Mike's shots were jump shots, and 68% of those were assisted. So, you are correct in saying that Mike Bibby's role was to get the ball over half court and get it to Joe Johnson while settling somewhere for a return pass and and open jumper.

Mike Bibby had an effective field goal percentage of 50% on his jump shots where Jamal Crawford had an eFG of 45% on his jump shots.

Mike Bibby is a better passer though. Mike's passer rating is 10.8 compared to Jamal's passer rating of 6.6.

Putting the stats aside though, here is the reason I disagree with the assessment that Jamal Crawford is a good fit alongside Joe Johnson. Jamal Crawford needs the ball in his hands for him to be at his best, and I highly doubt this offense is going to change and diminish the touches that Joe Johnson gets overall. This is why I see Jamal Crawford more as a replacement for Flip Murray than a replacement for Mike Bibby. Bibby's ability as a spot up shooter makes him a better fit alongside Joe Johnson.

I disagree with this analysis.

You say Jamal Crawford does a great job of creating his own shots. Well, he may do a good job of breaking down someone off the dribble and pulling up for a jumper, but overall, 86% of his shots were jump shots. Of those 39% were assisted.

Obviously, Mike Bibby was more of a spot up shooter. 91% of Mike's shots were jump shots, and 68% of those were assisted. So, you are correct in saying that Mike Bibby's role was to get the ball over half court and get it to Joe Johnson while settling somewhere for a return pass and and open jumper.

Mike Bibby had an effective field goal percentage of 50% on his jump shots where Jamal Crawford had an eFG of 45% on his jump shots.

Mike Bibby is a better passer though. Mike's passer rating is 10.8 compared to Jamal's passer rating of 6.6.

Putting the stats aside though, here is the reason I disagree with the assessment that Jamal Crawford is a good fit alongside Joe Johnson. Jamal Crawford needs the ball in his hands for him to be at his best, and I highly doubt this offense is going to change and diminish the touches that Joe Johnson gets overall. This is why I see Jamal Crawford more as a replacement for Flip Murray than a replacement for Mike Bibby. Bibby's ability as a spot up shooter makes him a better fit alongside Joe Johnson.

I disagree i think if crawford shows woody that he's that 20pt scorer, that he was on the other teams he played for than the touches jj get will certainly decrease. Remember woody has only had one 20pt scorer and thats jj, now woody has two scorers he can depend on. both jj and crawford can give you 20pt on any given night, an thats the truth and to me me biibys passer rating doesnt matter in fact what you said maybe true but bibby and crawford averaged the same amount of assists this pass season which is 5.