• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves vs. Marlins+Ump

What an odd game. That umpire tonight sure baited the Braves like I haven't seen in a long time. He made sure he was going to eject some players tonight. If something isn't done about that umpire I'll be shocked. Then the fist pump after the game was over? This dude CLEARLY has it out for the Braves. Thoughts??

Yeah he ejected Bobby, Chipper, and O'Iflarety (sp?) in June at Fenway. But I would've pissed my pants is McCann was screaming at me. embarrassed.gif

But KK was just horrible today. Atleast Garret is starting to heat up.

He also walked toward the Braves dugout and pulled out the lineup shhet for no specific reason.

I think he did it to make Cox turn around and come back to him.

Cox had already shut his mouth, turned around, and was on his way back to the dug out. That is when the Umpire said a word and pulled out the lineup card. It was to bait Cox to come back to him b/c he intention was to throw him out.

That ball he called a strike vs. McCann was ridiculous. It was a foot and a half outside ! That is what git the juices flowing last night. It forced McCann to be super aggressive at the plate and he ended up hitting into a douple play that at bat.

Leo Mazzone was talking about the errors in how umpires are judged this morning on 680 AM:

1. Umpire's are only penalized if they calling a strike a ball

2. Umpire's are not penalized for calling a ball a strike

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090730&content_id=6156730&vkey=news_atl&fext=.jsp&c_id=atl&partnerId=rss_atl

There is an article from the Braves online about the whole situation.

If what they say is true in the article, then it is crazy. He comes over to the dugout looking for an argument, then pulls out his card to see who he can eject. Is he serious? This isn't the first time either, as many of us remember.

A caller called into 680 tonight and was saying that he was the ump back when Justice was on the team when the ump went crazy and started ejecting fans.

He is a hot head. I really hope mlb does something about him.

The fist bump is crazy. I didn't see it but to fist bump the other team's catcher is a bit out there. If the catcher initiates a hand shake, then I don't have a problem with that.

Edited by dms269