Let posters actually start posting

spotatl

I just have to say how ridiculous it is for you to put new users on a 24 hour waiting time before they can even post at all. Then when you finally do let someone post you still make all their posts get approved by the moderator!? This is just ridiculous. There can't be enough traffic on this site that you have such a spam problem that such draconian steps need to be taken. You basically don't let someone post for the first 48 hours and I have no idea how long it lasts where you still require a moderator to approve posts past that. I can't even imagine how many people start to post here and leave just becuase of how ridiculous these rules are.

I just have to say how ridiculous it is for you to put new users on a 24 hour waiting time before they can even post at all. Then when you finally do let someone post you still make all their posts get approved by the moderator!? This is just ridiculous. There can't be enough traffic on this site that you have such a spam problem that such draconian steps need to be taken. You basically don't let someone post for the first 48 hours and I have no idea how long it lasts where you still require a moderator to approve posts past that. I can't even imagine how many people start to post here and leave just becuase of how ridiculous these rules are.

Wow overreact much? Considering we have 400,000+ posts and almost 2,000 members I'd say we must be doing something right.

YES we do get a TON of spam registrations. That's why I require all registrations to be approved by hand because I have to check IP addresses. The only reason it took 24 hours for yours is because there was a bug in the admin and I couldn't approve anyone.

The reason why the 1st three posts have to approved is because sometimes registrations get through from spammers and I don't want that crap being posted.

If you don't like the rules then feel free to post elsewhere otherwise I hope you enjoy the site.