• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

State of the Hawksquawk (7/10/02)

kudzu23

Hawksquawk has outgrown its current host already, and is 2-3 days short of being out of bandwidth for the month. Sometime within the next 2-3 days we will be moving to a new hosting provider. They forums shouldnt be down long at all. You may not even notice anything has changed. However, since our current host is on the far west coast, and our new host is on the east cost, in Atlanta, you probably will experience MUCH faster browsing speeds.

We want to thank all the contributors that kept this crucial time from turning into a crisis. Your names will be on an upcoming Hawksquawk Honorary page. To date, we managed to raise enough funds to cover the setup fee and two months on the new host. Lets hope we make it ok through the start of the season. Lets go Hawks!!

I'm no marketing Genius, however, i do know that if you would allow one good sponser to advertise at New Hawksquawk, we could probably make it through years to come.

The other thing is that it should be easy to find a new sponser. Especially if you set up an agreement with somebody.. Say a Sporting goods place or the AJC (Doubt) and tell them about the bandwidth that we get and about how many hits per day we get...

On the inconvenience, if they would limit us to just a Banner and not popups... I think we could live with it??

I wish I could be of some real help right now.I probably come on

here more than anyone else.I will give money if I'm able to,but

right now I am money straped with a $300 month car payment

(96 Grand AM total piece of [censored])and all the other stuff.I need

a job that actually pays.lol

The banner thing sounds like a good Idea.I come on here a

[censored] load of times.I have some friends that don't like basketball,

but I'm sure I could get them to come on and click the banners

also=)

Like Diesel,I'm not all to sure how all this works.

Anre't they like clickable banners?

I think the sponsor idea is a great one. And I am VERY glad to see a widespread mindset that there should be no popups. Banners are fine but popups have to be one of the most aggravating things introduced in the cyber age.

I also cannot donate yet. I will be glad to do so in the future as this site is an excellent one but it's not a good time for me right now.

Think about it.

Have any of you seen a message board as good in design, content, and posters as this one?

The Atlanta Hawks may not have the most fans in the NBA, but this is the best and probably highest traffic message board of any NBA team. It would be a great promotion if the Hawks would sponser the page.

• Admin

Despite the number of posts we get or the quality of our site, we are still just a fan site to them and we represent a small percentage of their potential "fans". If they were to give us some sort of support then it would put them in a sticky position when it came to other fan sites out there, including sponsored portal sites like RealGm or hoopshype.

I would love to find some way to work with them. If for nothing else to bring a little something extra to the dedicated fans who visit our site. But when it comes to them going out of their way to do things for us, it's just not going to happen. I have tried contacting them about letting us set up Q&A's or interviews with some of the players, staff and management and they don't even reply to me. So I think it's safe to say they don't really consider us a large enough representation of their fanbase to bother with.

http://www.philipsarena.com/st0300/sponsor...nsorHawks.shtml

Follow this link and email the person at the bottom.

Regaurdless of how many other sites there are, we can be the official, independent, hawks fan site. I think Phillps Arena would love to have their advertisement done here. If we work with the Hawks, Special Packages can be offered here as well.

I mean, how best to get people into the stands....

You first how to find them.

Well, from our traffic, we know that they come here.