• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Give JT A Reasonable Offer. NOW!

Traceman

I get sicker of this [censored] situation by the day! Why in the heck are we sitting around doing absolutely nothing, claiming we can't do anything until we resign JT?

Management claims the 2 sides are far apart on what JT should be paid but I have a question. If JT is asking for such an unreasonable amount, why not put it out there what he is looking for and what we are offering? That way, if the offer is anywhere near reasonable, the pressure would be on JT to take the offer. JT is very image conscious and from what I know about him, I don't think he would like the fans to portray him as greedy. I don't know this to be the case but I bet the offer is so low at this point that JT would be crazy to accept it. If they offer him 7 yrs/$50 million and put it in the paper that is what he's being offered, I think he would accept it. He is worth AT LEAST that much and probably more.

I have attached a link to an article written by Kevin Broom over at Real GM. According to Broom's formula (and I think it is a [censored] good formula), JT is worth 7 yrs/$70 million. Surely we can offer him 7 yrs/$50 million. Broom's formula says that JT is worth more than Rip Hamilton, Odom, Arenas, Magette or Andre Miller and they have all signed deals in excess of 7 yrs/$50 million. By the way, Broom's formula even takes into account wins and losses so if we had been winning last year, JT would have been worth even more. Sign the man! NOW!

Also note that Reef's value came in at less than $9 million/season and yet he will make $13+ million this year and $14.6 million next year. Should we keep him or trade him? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

http://www.realgm.com/src_goaltending.php?articleid=38

I agree! It's almost near time for training camp to start

the team doesn't even have enough players to play. If

JT isn't going to be resigned, just find a good sign and

trade and get the ball rolling! Even in my wildest and negitive dreams I wouldn't expect us to only have 6

players under contract this close to training camp.

JT will be offered a 1 year contract. Teams are not fighting over him and his worth in the league is not what he hoped it to be. They will sign him for a year and he will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. We will have lots of cap room to better the team. He may get a multi-year contract then, but I really don't look for a major contract for him this season.

Snaggle could you fill us in on anything happening with the Hawks? I know you stated you knew someone within the organization that said they aren't looking to sign Glover back, so how about JT? and what of Dermarr? any interest there?

to JT. So basically, you think he will accept the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted FA next year? That is certainly possible. If he does, I don't look for him to be in a Hawks uniform after this season and I look for him to say to [censored] with it and try to pad his stats all season long. I know if I were him, that is EXACTLY what I would do.

As for us having a lot of caproom if we don't resign JT, that is simply not the case. Whether we resign JT or not, unless we trade Reef, Theo or Hendu for an ending salary, we won't have enough room to go sign a quality FA next year. Barring a trade of one of those 3, it will be 05/06 before we have enough caproom to go get a quality FA.

I'm in the position to have "big ears". In other words listen to what is said but don't ask questions. What I hear is that JTprobably won't be offered a big contract this year, Glover and DJ are talking with other teams and there is no real activity with the Hawks at this time. That's not to say they won't sign contracts, but if they do they will not be significant.

As far as the sale of the Hawks I have this to say. I worked for a company last year that went thru a similar situation. Everything was on hold and contigent on the new owners. We we told the sale would be final by Thanksgiving, then the end of the year would be a clean break, and then things couldn't be ironed out so it would be February. When February came we were told 2 weeks. We got word at that time that the sale fell through. Evidently everything had been agreed upon with the exception of one issue. But that issue equated to millions and the company withdrew their offer. We were back to square one after being in limbo for months. In other words, this sale is not final until the papers are signed and anything can go wrong. the thing that I find scary and identical to the Hawks is the length of the sale. I think there must be real issues yet undecided and I don't feel comfortable at all about having new owners soon.

Anything can happen. As for the contract situations for DJ and Glover, I think it has been clear since they didn't give Glover a qualifying offer and since they allowed DJ to play on Memphis' summer team that neither guy was a priority and if either of them came back, it would be for a low salary. As for JT, it is becoming more and more obvious that they are not willing to pay him big money and the only way he will get even a decent contract offer is if they are forced to match an offer made by another team. If a team like the Clippers or Utah comes in and gives him a big offer, it looks like he's gone.