• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody May Coach The All-Star Team!

ahlthe3rd

Previously I assumed Mike Brown would be coaching the all-star team since the Cavs have a pretty solid stranglehold on the #1 seed in the East. That was until I was browsing around and stumbled upon "The Riley Rule" which doesn't allow a coach to coach the all-star team consecutive seasons. Of course Mike Brown coached the East last year so this year the 2nd best record in the conference will be the coach. Since we are only a 1/2 game behind Boston for the #2 seed beating them on the 29th could very well be the deciding factor on whether Woody, Doc or SVG get the honors. The decision will be made 2 weeks before the game (Sun, Jan 31st). Here are ATL, BOS and ORL's games through the 31st:

ATL: CHA, @HOU, @SAS, BOS, @ORL

BOS: POR, LAC, @ORL, @ATL, LAL

ORL: SAC, CHA, @MEM, BOS, ATL, @DET

Orlando seems to have the most favorable schedule but they've been struggling lately so you never know. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Woody being named the coach would make me feel a little better in case one or two of our guys gets snubbed.

Thoughts?

:laughing5:

Oh damn I must have gotten pre-occupied when I was writing that post because I meant to also say that it wouldn't surprise me to see some type of fight or riot between the players on the east team with Woody as coach since the team would be loaded with ISO players and only 1 basketball.

:laughing5:

He may have been implying that Woody only coaches defense and no one plays defense in the allstar game.

I can remember when Larry Brown coached defense in the all star game and left Mutumbo in the game for the entire 2nd half as the East made a come back and I believe AI was MVP. Mutumbo invoked the no layup and dunk rule in the 2nd half. It was closest thing to a real game that I have ever seen in an All Star Game. I think Mt. Mutumbo ended up with like 25 rebounds as no one wanted to get near those flaying elbows in an allstar game.

That enticed Brown to send us Kuckoc, Ratliff, & Mohammed for the aging Mutumbo. Hey it got the 76ers to the Finals at least.

Edited by coachx

He may have been implying that Woody only coaches defense and no one plays defense in the allstar game.

I can remember when Larry Brown coached defense in the all star game and left Mutumbo in the game for the entire 2nd half as the East made a come back and I believe AI was MVP. Mutumbo invoked the no layup and dunk rule in the 2nd half. It was closest thing to a real game that I have ever seen in an All Star Game.

That enticed Brown to send us Kuckoc, Ratliff, & Mohammed for the aging Mutumbo. Hey it got the 76ers to the Finals at least.

Nope I was referring to Woody being the ISO coach and the All-Star game being 100% about ISO scoring so he'll have a team full of his dream players.

Previously I assumed Mike Brown would be coaching the all-star team since the Cavs have a pretty solid stranglehold on the #1 seed in the East. That was until I was browsing around and stumbled upon "The Riley Rule" which doesn't allow a coach to coach the all-star team consecutive seasons. Of course Mike Brown coached the East last year so this year the 2nd best record in the conference will be the coach. Since we are only a 1/2 game behind Boston for the #2 seed beating them on the 29th could very well be the deciding factor on whether Woody, Doc or SVG get the honors. The decision will be made 2 weeks before the game (Sun, Jan 31st). Here are ATL, BOS and ORL's games through the 31st:

ATL: CHA, @HOU, @SAS, BOS, @ORL

BOS: POR, LAC, @ORL, @ATL, LAL

ORL: SAC, CHA, @MEM, BOS, ATL, @DET

Orlando seems to have the most favorable schedule but they've been struggling lately so you never know. Should be interesting to see how this turns out. Woody being named the coach would make me feel a little better in case one or two of our guys gets snubbed.

Thoughts?

So all 3 teams won tonight....if I had to predict the records of the 3 teams until Jan.31st it would go as follows:

ATL: 3-1 (win vs Rockets Celts and Magic, lose to the Spurs)

BOS: 1-3 (win vs Clippers, lose to Magic, Hawks, and Lakers)

ORL: 2-3 (win vs Celts and Pistons, lose to Bobcats,Grizz, and Hawks)

WOODY IS YOUR EASTERN ALL STARS HEAD COACH!!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :line dance: :friends1: :beer11: