• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons win coin flip for 19th pick

coachx

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/02/26/hey-19-steely-dan-could-not-have-called-it-better/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_blog

Its finally official...........all the mock drafts have been listing the Falcons at #19 and Texans at #20.............now its finally official we have the 19th pick !

My wish list has shrunk to bascially these guys in the 1st round:

Spiller

Graham

Wilson

Of course Mike Mayock will talk us into many more.

Hoping we get a couple of 3rd and 4th rounders too (when you include the compensatory picks that will be announced in the next 2 or 3 weeks for losing Brooking, Foxworth, Boley, Milloy, Jackson).

Edited by coachx

I forgot to throw in Weatherspoon. He is definately a 3 down LB with excellent coverage and tackling skills. He is a playmaker plain and simple.

If the team is high on Sidbury and Bierman at DE, then Weatherpsoon could be "our guy." Not sure how he will do at the combine, but like Lofton in college, he was a true playmaker on the field and that is what we need.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72753&draftyear=2010&genpos=OLB

Edited by coachx

Weatherspoon has been on Falcon fans lists since his junior year. I'm not convinced that Weatherspoon can excel in pass coverage. I'm sure Dimitroff will get a good look at him though and I wouldn't be dissapointed with the pick.

Last season he had a team leading 7 pass break ups and 3 intereceptions (2 returned for TDs).

Of course he got plenty of pass plays to defend against in the pass happy Big 12.