• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Phil Jackson is Smart But Still A Douche-bag

AHF

• Moderators

As if his team wasn't talented enough, he is already starting his mind games with the refs. Now he is a total douche with this (as if having the two best players in a decade in Michael and Shaq wasn't enough of an edge) but I am also calling out the NBA refs who actually respond to this stuff. The worst memory of Jackson using and abusing the refs for me was the Sacto series but I'll say I can't believe he is already breaking this stuff out in a 1 v. 8 scenario.

• Moderators

I don't understand what you are talking about. what exactly is he doing ?

Phil Jackson is crying about foul calls to Kevin Durant before the series even begins. He always works the refs over and it always works -- so I can't blame him strategically by the league is poorer for having such a spineless crew that they bow before his brow beatings. I resent the "work" he did on teams in the past like Sacramento and Portland - but, again, it worked and that is part of what you are paying him to do so I don't blame him as much as the league that enables and rewards him.

I just find it pitiful that the defending champs are doing this in advance of a series against a bunch of newbies.