• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what did Boston do that we did not?

ATL_BALLER

I gave Rondo the credit for their title two years ago. Without him the Big Three would have been just another failed experiment.

And to answer the question, if we believe Stan Van Gundy and don't take it as crying, he claims they constantly pushed, punched, elbowed and shoved Dwight.

Heart and hustle. Dwight was not really the problem...they beat us when he was on and off the floor.

I agree with Kenny Smith. He said that we were going to lose the series and then replayed two uncontested break-away lay-ups as the reasoning.

Here's an article that gives some insight into what the Celtics did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnZMqiv9Z7L3Z.gddXVTaWY5nYcB?slug=aw-celticsfinals052910

Down the stretch, Doc rested his stars and didn't play for playoff seeding. As a result, his bench got a lot of playing time and was more prepared to play in the post season. In Atlanta, Mike Woodson didn't do this. He continued to play Joe, Josh, and Al heavy minutes, and as a result, they were tired and our bench was totally not prepared to play.

The difference between the two teams is a lot less the players and more the coaching, IMO.

Had the Hawks played with the heart they played with in the Boston series from 2 years ago they the games would have been alot closer and the Hawks may have even won 2 or 3. This team was more experienced with more talent but played with nothing close to the fight they showed when they were a 37 win team playing the best record in basketball.

Great question and insightful answers, guys... so, is the stable of Perkins, Wallace and Davis that much greater than Horford, Pachulia and Joe Smith, or is it really exclusively a matter of bad defensive coaching?

Its not just our three centers. JJ and Smoove had a complete meltdown as well. The only starter that got close to their season averages against Orlando was Horf.

JJ and Craw down offensively

Marvin down offensively

Smoove down defensively

Horf down slightly defensively

Everyone was down big except Horf. We barely got past the Bucks playing like that; no way in hell were we even suppose to win a game against Orlando. The coaching sucked and our players lack of effort sucked. This is obvious to everyone that watched these games; including non Hawk fans.

A ton of Hall of Fame credentials over there in Boston, Mass, absolutely none here. Simple as that.

I love Kobe to death, but his team is made up of either soft or stupid players, Fish notwithstanding. Boston when heatlthy is one of the best TEAMS (sorry global Nike icons that hog up the payroll) I've ever seen so I will enjoy seeing the Lakers scramble in the offseason after this 3rd Finals loss for Kobe and Phil.

But it was shocking to realize that if Kobe somehow channels Mike and pulls this one out, he would have 5 rings at 4 YEARS YOUNGER THAN WHEN MIKE DID!!!!! That makes the comparisons about twice as valid and legitamate as any point pefore.

I can't wait for Thursday.

Edited by benhillboy

A ton of Hall of Fame credentials over there in Boston, Mass, absolutely none here. Simple as that.

I love Kobe to death, but his team is made up of either soft or stupid players, Fish notwithstanding. Boston when heatlthy is one of the best TEAMS (sorry global Nike icons that hog up the payroll) I've ever seen so I will enjoy seeing the Lakers scramble in the offseason after this 3rd Finals loss for Kobe and Phil.

But it was shocking to realize that if Kobe somehow channels Mike and pulls this one out, he would have 5 rings at 4 YEARS YOUNGER THAN WHEN MIKE DID!!!!! That makes the comparisons about twice as valid and legitamate as any point pefore.

I can't wait for Thursday.

Rondo has peaked at the perfect time. Neither Garnet, Pierce, or Allen can carry a team on their backs for long stretches anymore; but it seems Rondo can. I still like LA in this series. Tougher matchups for the old Boston players all the way around.

LA is geared to play against zone or man with or without dbl teams coming at them. Just to many weapons plus the best player since Jordan (maybe better when its all said and done). LA all the way but it was a great run for the Celtics.

Edited by Buzzard

Rondo has peaked at the perfect time. Neither Garnet, Pierce, or Allen can carry a team on their backs for long stretches anymore; but it seems Rondo can. I still like LA in this series. Tougher matchups for the old Boston players all the way around.

LA is geared to play against zone or man with or without dbl teams coming at them. Just to many weapons plus the best player since Jordan (maybe better when its all said and done). LA all the way but it was a great run for the Celtics.

I'm taking absolutely all bets against the Celtics. Garnett is still the defensive anchor and will show much better after the layoff than he did near the end of the Magic series where he looked gassed. Ray can put up 6-9 in a blink of an eye still, at crucial moments (and should be controlling the high screen much more than he does against smaller guards), and Paul is coming off 31 and 13? Old? They look Thirsty and Hungry to cement their legacies to me. Boston was tough enough to handle Howard one-on-one most of the time, who is as strong and tough as Gasol and Bynum combined. People pay lip service to his versatility, but no one in the league respects LaMar Odom. Amare spoke up for everyone. The jury is still out on the Artest/ Ariza swap, of course the next few weeks will determine for sure. I personally think Ariza was a much better fit, while the Celtics team that beat the Lakers 2 years ago has upgraded P.J Brown and Eddie House into Roscoe and Lil Nate, respectively. And how bad is Rondo gonna dominate Fish? +10 points, +5 boards and dimes, at least?

Again, since '06, nothing Kobe does surprises me, but the Celtics have shown what a tough, focused, whole team can do. I'm geting paid off everyone I come in contact with who is hollering Lakers.

Edited by benhillboy

I'm taking absolutely all bets against the Celtics. Garnett is still the defensive anchor and will show much better after the layoff than he did near the end of the Magic series where he looked gassed. Ray can put up 6-9 in a blink of an eye still, at crucial moments (and should be controlling the high screen much more than he does against smaller guards), and Paul is coming off 31 and 13? Old? They look Thirsty and Hungry to cement their legacies to me. Boston was tough enough to handle Howard one-on-one most of the time, who is as strong and tough as Gasol and Bynum combined. People pay lip service to his versatility, but no one in the league respects LaMar Odom. Amare spoke up for everyone. The jury is still out on the Artest/ Ariza swap, of course the next few weeks will determine for sure. I personally think Ariza was a much better fit, while the Celtics team that beat the Lakers 2 years ago has upgraded P.J Brown and Eddie House into Roscoe and Lil Nate, respectively. And how bad is Rondo gonna dominate Fish? +10 points, +5 boards and dimes, at least?

Again, since '06, nothing Kobe does surprises me, but the Celtics have shown what a tough, focused, whole team can do. I'm geting paid off everyone I come in contact with who is hollering Lakers.

This is the matchup I like for the Lakers. Its not going to be tough and slow vs tough and slow....its going to be Celitics tough and slow vs Lakers younger and quicker. Garnet is a beast but he is an older beast and can only take on one 6'10" or taller player at a time. The only real matchup advantage the Celtics have athletically is Rondo vs Fisher. Lakers going to win for same reason we play them so tough. We may not have more HOF players but we have younger better athletes.

Call Odum soft, call Gasol soft, call Artest soft all you want; they can and will run the Celtics into the ground with Rondo being the lone exception. And yea 31 and 13 is not bad for a old guy but neither is 19 and 19 for a softie LMAO. Amares biggest problem has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with a lot of smack talk; especially for someone who is always home during the finals.....despite playing with one of the best PGs in history.

Here is the million dollar question most Sun fans need to ask themselves. If Stockton and Malone could carry their team to a couple of finals; why can't Nash and Amare. IMO its because Amare thinks and talks like he is a killer on the floor; and Malone just flat out was one.

Edited by Buzzard

. And a coach who isn't afraid to use his bench players. Look at how he used Nate Robinson is such a pivotal game. Woody would not even do that for Teague in meaningless regular season games.

Outside of Crawford, our bench was complete garbage for most of this year. Nate is a scorer and would immediately become the 2nd best player off of our bench, if we had him. That's how weak our bench was this year.

Outside of Crawford, our bench was complete garbage for most of this year. Nate is a scorer and would immediately become the 2nd best player off of our bench, if we had him. That's how weak our bench was this year.

We will see how weak our bench really was if Teague gets serious minutes next season. If Teague bust loose; Woody is to blame for him not busting loose this season. Not calling it one way or the other. Kid did not get enough minutes to even make a judgement call; but it is something to watch out for next season.

LOL . . and you're about to lose all of your money. The Lakers may let Rondo dominate Fisher for one game. Then they'll do exactly what they did to Oklahoma City, and switch Kobe on him.

Gasol doesn't have to play center vs the Celtics this go around. He can play PF for a good part of the game, which will help his effectiveness ( especially when Big Baby Davis is matched up with him . . because he'll simply shoot right over top of him ).

But the difference is #24. If they double him, Kobe has shown a willingness to trust his teammates more than ever. If they single cover him, he'll eat Ray Allen or Tony Allen alive.

Artest is the X-factor . . . not for his offense, but for his defense. He's going to draw Paul Pierce. And because Pierce won't be matched up against Matt Barnes or Jamario Moon, expect his numbers ( efficiency wise ) to go down.

Because of the 2 - 3 - 2 Finals format, I expect Boston to win 2 home games. But this series is over by the time the Lakers come back home.

Lakers in 6. And Kobe gets Ring #5.

We will see how weak our bench really was if Teague gets serious minutes next season. If Teague bust loose; Woody is to blame for him not busting loose this season. Not calling it one way or the other. Kid did not get enough minutes to even make a judgement call; but it is something to watch out for next season.

He better seriously work on that jumpshot, and especially the floater then. Remember . . Teague didn't come into the NBA as this great playmaking PG. His strength was scoring the basketball. And he showed little ability during non-garbage time, that he could do that ( much like Acie Law ).

Shooting the ball was supposed to be a strength of Teague. But it was one of his biggest weaknesses. The other was finishing at the rim. These were the two main things wrong with Acie.

If Teague can draw fouls going to the hole, that will help him a lot. But this dude has to show that he can make mid-range jumpshots and finish going to the hole. Even the new coach isn't just going to give Teague major minutes, if he is ineffective. There are some serious major red flags about this dude that people just don't want to see ( because they don't want another 1st round draft pick to fail ). And I understand that.

But it is what it is. Don't be surprised if the Hawks aren't scrambling to get another PG here to start over Bibby AND Teague.

He better seriously work on that jumpshot, and especially the floater then. Remember . . Teague didn't come into the NBA as this great playmaking PG. His strength was scoring the basketball. And he showed little ability during non-garbage time, that he could do that ( much like Acie Law ).

Shooting the ball was supposed to be a strength of Teague. But it was one of his biggest weaknesses. The other was finishing at the rim. These were the two main things wrong with Acie.

If Teague can draw fouls going to the hole, that will help him a lot. But this dude has to show that he can make mid-range jumpshots and finish going to the hole. Even the new coach isn't just going to give Teague major minutes, if he is ineffective. There are some serious major red flags about this dude that people just don't want to see ( because they don't want another 1st round draft pick to fail ). And I understand that.

But it is what it is. Don't be surprised if the Hawks aren't scrambling to get another PG here to start over Bibby AND Teague.

I agree with what you said but he did come into the league with good handles, a great first step, and speed. He was a penetrating guard in college 1st and foremost. One other point concerning our benchs possible improvement just because Woody is now gone: If our starters suffered from a predictable switching defense along with a predictable ISO guard oriented offense, why would we not think some of our bench play suffered for the same reasons?

I really do expect better bench play with a new coach for the very same reasons I expect better play out of our starters....

Edited by Buzzard

LOL . . and you're about to lose all of your money. The Lakers may let Rondo dominate Fisher for one game. Then they'll do exactly what they did to Oklahoma City, and switch Kobe on him.

Gasol doesn't have to play center vs the Celtics this go around. He can play PF for a good part of the game, which will help his effectiveness ( especially when Big Baby Davis is matched up with him . . because he'll simply shoot right over top of him ).

But the difference is #24. If they double him, Kobe has shown a willingness to trust his teammates more than ever. If they single cover him, he'll eat Ray Allen or Tony Allen alive.

Artest is the X-factor . . . not for his offense, but for his defense. He's going to draw Paul Pierce. And because Pierce won't be matched up against Matt Barnes or Jamario Moon, expect his numbers ( efficiency wise ) to go down.

Because of the 2 - 3 - 2 Finals format, I expect Boston to win 2 home games. But this series is over by the time the Lakers come back home.

Lakers in 6. And Kobe gets Ring #5.

Its young guns vs old guns. We handled the Celtics this year without having Kobe. I agree 100% man, Lakers in six.

Edited by Buzzard