• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A simple plan

Buzzard

I posted this in the "This must be the new plan" thread. I think it should get a thread of its own.

The longer we wait, and closer to the trade deadline we get, the more valuable Craws 10 million and Evans 4 million expiring gets. That is a lot of money coming off the books for the right team.

There is no reason to panic. I want to grab a big time player like CP3 or David Lee as bad as anyone here. But with all that money in expirings, and all the movement going on right now, who knows what will be available at the deadline? CP3 may be fed up with the Hornets by the deadline; or their owner may be fed up with his losses by then.

We just need to sign a good big with our MLE and see how things go from there. Craw and Evans cap space aint going anywhere unless we move it somewhere. All the worrying about Chilz is just this, fan hype. Chilz is not the second coming and no way would I rather have him than 14 million in expirings. If we give that away for 3 million in trade exceptions and a 2nd round pick, now then I would be pissed. That was pretty much all Chilz was worth and you can thank BK for that. Not Sund.

• Like 1

its not that simple

Happens every year once the dust has settled and certain teams are lottery bound and looking for cap and/or financial relief. Its just not a fast plan for impatient fans.

Edited by Buzzard

I posted this in the "This must be the new plan" thread. I think it should get a thread of its own.

The longer we wait, and closer to the trade deadline we get, the more valuable Craws 10 million and Evans 4 million expiring gets. That is a lot of money coming off the books for the right team.

There is no reason to panic. I want to grab a big time player like CP3 or David Lee as bad as anyone here. But with all that money in expirings, and all the movement going on right now, who knows what will be available at the deadline? CP3 may be fed up with the Hornets by the deadline; or their owner may be fed up with his losses by then.

We just need to sign a good big with our MLE and see how things go from there. Craw and Evans cap space aint going anywhere unless we move it somewhere. All the worrying about Chilz is just this, fan hype. Chilz is not the second coming and no way would I rather have him than 14 million in expirings. If we give that away for 3 million in trade exceptions and a 2nd round pick, now then I would be pissed. That was pretty much all Chilz was worth and you can thank BK for that. Not Sund.

Thats not simple that is nba2k11ish and to start banking on expiring is typical Hawks . Why would the Hornets give away there ONLY real asset for expirings when there will probably be a lockout ? We blew our load when we decided that Zaza,Bibby,and Marvin were all worth locking up before we actually placed any real expectations on the team .

Thats not simple that is nba2k11ish and to start banking on expiring is typical Hawks . Why would the Hornets give away there ONLY real asset for expirings when there will probably be a lockout ? We blew our load when we decided that Zaza,Bibby,and Marvin were all worth locking up before we actually placed any real expectations on the team .

LOL at the nba2kish. Its not like that. Anyone who does not think 14 million in expirings is an asset is playing nba2k because they do not see all the moves in the real NBA during the year that involves expirings. Why would you not want Craws bird rights after a lockout and a new cheaper CBA? Nothing to lose IMO, and everything to gain for a team in the lottery.