• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Matty Ice wins NFL's Offensive Player Of The Month

coachx

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2010/12/ryan-named-nfc-player-of-the-month/Matt Ryan was named NFC Offensive player of month. Stats: 106-for-153 (69.3%), 1001 yds, 7 TDs, 0 ints. 102.3 rtg. and two 4th quarter comebacks with less then a minute in regulation.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

What so cool is that another Falcons was the offensive player of the month for October......Roddy White

PS: Sorry for all the recent Matty Ice love but damn....stuff like this and getting engaged deserves some notice.

Edited by coachx

I agree! Matt's been unbelievable over the past month. He has taken control of the offense and Mularky has let him run the entire playbook. The deep passing is really helping the offense all around. What I like is that when the Falcons win, Ice is all about the team. When they loose Matt turns the blame towards himself. He never throws anyone under the bus. Teammates rally behind a guy whose willing to take the bullet for their performances.

Again, those who are making the Vick for MVP argument aren't looking at what Ryan is doing. To me, Ryan is in the race with Brady and Rodgers. Heck he should be ahead of Rodgers now. The one thing that might hurt Matt is that Roddy White should also be considered in the MVP voting. Just as good as Matt's been, Roddy's been equally good. Guy seems to just get open, and makes the hustle plays consistantly.

Again, those who are making the Vick for MVP argument aren't looking at what Ryan is doing. To me, Ryan is in the race with Brady and Rodgers. Heck he should be ahead of Rodgers now. The one thing that might hurt Matt is that Roddy White should also be considered in the MVP voting. Just as good as Matt's been, Roddy's been equally good. Guy seems to just get open, and makes the hustle plays consistantly.

Your not the only one. Jeff Risdon shares your thoughts.

http://football.realgm.com/src_encroachment/283/20101129/$10_after_week_12/

This game also proved to me that Matt Ryan is the NFL MVP to this point of the season. Once again he earned the moniker Matty Ice with his cool handling of yet another last-minute, game-winning drive against a very good opponent. The Packers presented different looks but Ryan would not be confused, correctly finding the right spot to go with the ball and move the Falcons in position for the game winner. Sure, the throws were short and pedestrian, but how many times have we seen quarterbacks fail to make the simple ones? Aaron Rodgers was very good, but Ryan was better.

In my opinion the top 3 for MVP as of today are: Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, and Matt Ryan.

Edited by coachx

I'm just happy that we've put the "bust", "overdrafted", and "low completion percentage" conversations to rest. None of those appears to be true. I didn't believe we overdrafted him, but I was a little concerned by the completion percentages. This year, he's close to 65% which is excellent, and for the last month, he's been as good as anyone in that department (near 70%!)