• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

XBox vs. PS3 (need help)

Dragitoff

Ok, I'm a long time Playstation fan, but have yet to purchase a PS3. My wife is wanting to get me either an XBox 360 or PS3 for Christmas, which I will gladly accept! My question is this.....I've looked long and hard at the PS3 because of my familiarity to the consoles, controllers, etc... and the fact they play Blue Rays. I primarily play sports games although I have recently gotten into the Call of Duty games. I don't play online since high speed internet isn't avialable where I live. My kids have a Wii that we enjoy as a family so upgrading to a Kinect or the motion version of PS3 is a possibility for our family. I'm trying to make sure I'm not completely ruling out an XBox 360 and missing out on something. Are there any significant advantages to an XBox 360 over PS3? I've got a 47" Vizio 1080p 120Hz LCD that it would be hooked up to.

Thanks,

If you are not going online then a PS3 is the way to go in my humble opinion. You get a pretty decent blue ray player and all the major sports titles on either system. Call of duty is not an exclusive so you are covered either way. Only thing besides online that 360 has over PS3 is the price, but again you are getting a blue ray player. I'm a 360 owner so don't think I'm PS3 fan or something.