• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

wordpress advice

bird_dirt

ok, so i just did a major professional development program for artists the other weekend and was beaten over the head with making sure i have a solid web presence.

given my (poor) financial situation right now, i was directed to check out getting a wordpress website.

anyone know anything about using wordpress? should i just get a free wordpress hosted site, or pay for one of the other web hosts out there associated with wordpress, like bluehost, dreamhost, or media temple? what benefit do they hold over just the free wordpress?

i don't need a super complicated site, just one that i can put up a ton of images or albums of images of my work on, with sections on background info, contact info, links to press i've received, etc.

i've looked at some other free website builder sites, but too often they just looked really cheap, ugly skin options, etc.

thoughts?

(btw, i had checked with a friend on helping me build and host a site and his "friends and family" discount rate was $1800, so i'm going the cheap route till i can make more money at this.)

i appreciate any help.