• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Restructure JJ's contract

reeballin4

I understand we just gave him the big money but do yall think he would reconstructure his contract ala Peyton Manning in order for the best of the team. I mean he got 120 million and ive never had anything close but im sure he could do without some of that. That would free up cap space and if he's serious about winning then that wouldnt be a problem so we could acquire a true big man!

I understand we just gave him the big money but do yall think he would reconstructure his contract ala Peyton Manning in order for the best of the team. I mean he got 120 million and ive never had anything close but im sure he could do without some of that. That would free up cap space and if he's serious about winning then that wouldnt be a problem so we could acquire a true big man!

:laughing5:

Good Luck!

NBA players don't restructure their contracts. It's guaranteed.

• Premium Member

Easy answer, NO!!!

Even if Joe agreed to a mutual contract termination, his salary as it currently is will still count towards the cap.

Actually thats not true- if a player agrees to a zero dollar buyout then their caphit would be completely wiped off. BUt this only happens in really extreme cicumstances. When a player wants to go back to europe and he can't unless his contract is bought out. Or when Derek Fisher wanted to be released from Utah so he could be in LA for his daughter's medical treatment.