• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Folks I think we all underestimate how good our coach is.

HawkItus

• Moderators

I can not agree less. Was Mike Brown a good coach compared to Jerry Sloan? No. If you only look at W:L then yes, but if you pay attention to the game you know it is not even close.

While Mike Brown is a great Woody comparison, Sloan isn't in the same universe as Drew. I get your point that W/L doesn't tell the full story, though.

To me, the changes are evident primarily in use of the big lineup; increased motion and diversity on offense; and elimination of the "auto-switch" defense. You can then move on to other aspects of the game like the different philosophy in crashing the offensive boards under Woodson and Drew, etc. Whether those changes amount to progress will be seen in the post-season.

• Like 1

While Mike Brown is a great Woody comparison, Sloan isn't in the same universe as Drew. I get your point that W/L doesn't tell the full story, though.

To me, the changes are evident primarily in use of the big lineup; increased motion and diversity on offense; and elimination of the "auto-switch" defense. You can then move on to other aspects of the game like the different philosophy in crashing the offensive boards under Woodson and Drew, etc. Whether those changes amount to progress will be seen in the post-season.

Objection noted, and I actually did not mean it as an apples to apples comparison. I was merely pointing out the level of coaching acumen that can be hidden if you look at win/loss only. But, I agree Drew is not as good as Sloan. But, I do think he is maybe as good as Thibodeau.

Edited by sultanofatl