• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is a Hawk?

DJlaysitup

A Hawk is an opportunistic bird that takes advantage of situations but seldom goes into a real fight. Hawks snag baby ducks all the time...but they seldom get baby Canada geese...that's because Canada geese (as much as I hate them for all their sh!tting around the lake) are one of the few fowls that marry for life and protect their young. The Hawk is like a fast predatory player - the Canada Goose is like Zaza. The Hawk tends to be opportunistic and "picks their fights"...they don't generally mess with Canada Gooses because they would have a real fight on their hands...and that is the last thing they want. The Goose is bigger and is single-minded of purpose. In a Hawk vs Goose fight the Hawk would generally come out on top...but the Goose would inflict damage (even without talons) ...and the Hawk wouldn't kill the Goose...it would just scratch it up a bit.

From what I've seen around the lake where I live...Gooses tend to charge their advesaries...lowering their bills and basically head-butting and using their mass to shove the other out of the way. Hawks want no part of that fight because if they are injured they are basically dead meat...if they can't fly they will be killed by the Raccoons or the Cats.

Basically Hawks live on the perimeter and take advantage of situations when they can. :kickcan: