• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew should have let Jamal sit and play defensive-minded Wilkins

hawks21

The Atlanta Hawks were able to stay competitive with Jamal Crawford and Joe Johnson not shooting the ball particularly well--until the fourth quarter. However, Joe has a stronger reputation of being a good defensive player.

Crawford might get mad at Drew for taking him out, but at some point, Drew has to put the best defensive players in the game who can help defend Rose and Deng.

However, if Jamal Crawford can't score, it affects his ability and desire to play defense. He gets lost in screens and when Crawford is matched up against Rose or Deng or Bogens, he struggles.

Crawford is a veteran, but DAMIEN WILKINS is the better defender. The Chicago coach took Noah and B oozer out of the game in favor of reserves. Drew needed to use his bench as well. MARVIN is NOT an option, but Wilkins could have helped in the FOURTH QUARTER.

J

• Like 2

I agree, Hawks21. Jamal didn't have it tonight.

I wish Jamal would have gotten into a rhythm in Game 5, but Coach Drew must shut him down if he can't make shots EARLY. Going 0-for-3 and a turnover is a invitaion for the bench, because the Bulls know Jamal is a liability defensively and not committed.

The Hawks have enough scorers, but the committment to defense has to become even more of a priority.

Additionally, Jamal as backup point guard is NOT a good idea either. Jeff Teague's speed and ability to get to the basket and FINISH is something that must be on the court as much as possible. Jamal is a finesse player who will shoot the Hawks out of this series if Coach Drew allows it.

What does Coach Drew have against DAMIEN WILKINS?

I wish Jamal would have gotten into a rhythm in Game 5, but Coach Drew must shut him down if he can't make shots EARLY. Going 0-for-3 and a turnover is a invitaion for the bench, because the Bulls know Jamal is a liability defensively and not committed.

The Hawks have enough scorers, but the committment to defense has to become even more of a priority.

Additionally, Jamal as backup point guard is NOT a good idea either. Jeff Teague's speed and ability to get to the basket and FINISH is something that must be on the court as much as possible. Jamal is a finesse player who will shoot the Hawks out of this series if Coach Drew allows it.

What does Coach Drew have against DAMIEN WILKINS?

I hate to tell you this but we dont win this series without jamal . You can try and convince yourself that we can but if he doesnt show up these next two games we lose .

we have enough scorers ? what team have you been watching ?

If jamal shouldnt play point guard shouldnt someone be setting him up for shots then ? How can he score if he doesnt have the ball and no one is passing ?

jamal didnt come into the game until under 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and he had 3 assists in those final 2 minutes . Are you saying that we shouldnt have even played him in the second half ?

We need to be trying to figure pout how to get him going because we cant win this series without him .

I hate to tell you this but we dont win this series without jamal . You can try and convince yourself that we can but if he doesnt show up these next two games we lose .

we have enough scorers ? what team have you been watching ?

If jamal shouldnt play point guard shouldnt someone be setting him up for shots then ? How can he score if he doesnt have the ball and no one is passing ?

jamal didnt come into the game until under 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and he had 3 assists in those final 2 minutes . Are you saying that we shouldnt have even played him in the second half ?

We need to be trying to figure pout how to get him going because we cant win this series without him .

27 minutes, 2 points.

Jamal Crawford's streaky outside shooting has been neutralized for the past FOUR GAMES, and other options must be considered. In all due respect, what game are you watching?

Jeff Teague has done a great job as the point guard and the more he plays, it seems that he gets better. Crawford is a sixth man who is supposed to be instant offense, and if his shot isn't falling and his defense is lacking, he needs to be benched.

The Hawks can't win if they can't limit Deng and Bogans.

Horford and Josh Smith were in foul trouble in the 4th quarter, but putting Jason Collins who only had one foul along with Damien Wilkins should have been done early in the 4th quarter.

Luol Deng scored 23 points and Keith Bogans scored 11 points in Game 5.

27 minutes, 2 points.

Jamal Crawford's streaky outside shooting has been neutralized for the past FOUR GAMES, and other options must be considered. In all due respect, what game are you watching?

Jeff Teague has done a great job as the point guard and the more he plays, it seems that he gets better. Crawford is a sixth man who is supposed to be instant offense, and if his shot isn't falling and his defense is lacking, he needs to be benched.

The Hawks can't win if they can't limit Deng and Bogans.

Horford and Josh Smith were in foul trouble in the 4th quarter, but putting Jason Collins who only had one foul along with Damien Wilkins should have been done early in the 4th quarter.

Luol Deng scored 23 points and Keith Bogans scored 11 points in Game 5.

You said we should have let jamal sit so basically we shouldve benched the entire second half Teague and Joe shouldve played the entire game ? is this what you are saying ?

Bogans is irrelevant Deng is the one who is hurting us '

You said Jamal should not play point but he should be instant offense with no plays run for him ? What shots have you seen Teague create for jamal ? in fact when have seen Teague set jamal up for any shot whatsoever ?

As i said before we didnt know if jamal couldve turned it on the 4th because we never went to him .

He had 3 assists in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd and then once the 4th started it became the tired Joe and Teague show . the only shots he got in the second half while the game was close was two long bailouts attempts to beat the shot clock

Gibson and Asik is what won the game for them in the 4th .

I always watch and see what Drew does after a timeout because he gives a you a clue to what he thinks shouldve been happening but wasnt leading up to the the timeout

When he called that timeout we came out and immediately went to the ball in jamals hands where it shouldve been from the start of the quarter to begin with.

Now the next game you will see jamal with the ball in his hands to start the 4th with either Joe or Teague or both on the bench and we will pull away and win .

You said we should have let jamal sit so basically we shouldve benched the entire second half Teague and Joe shouldve played the entire game ? is this what you are saying ?

Bogans is irrelevant Deng is the one who is hurting us '

You said Jamal should not play point but he should be instant offense with no plays run for him ? What shots have you seen Teague create for jamal ? in fact when have seen Teague set jamal up for any shot whatsoever ?

As i said before we didnt know if jamal couldve turned it on the 4th because we never went to him .

He had 3 assists in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd and then once the 4th started it became the tired Joe and Teague show . the only shots he got in the second half while the game was close was two long bailouts attempts to beat the shot clock

Gibson and Asik is what won the game for them in the 4th .

I always watch and see what Drew does after a timeout because he gives a you a clue to what he thinks shouldve been happening but wasnt leading up to the the timeout

When he called that timeout we came out and immediately went to the ball in jamals hands where it shouldve been from the start of the quarter to begin with.

Now the next game you will see jamal with the ball in his hands to start the 4th with either Joe or Teague or both on the bench and we will pull away and win .

Jamal has won many games for the Hawks in his two years, but as you know he has struggled with his shot at times-- especially at home. Statistically, Jamal has struggled against the Bulls and has scored below his season average.

THIS IS AN UGLY SERIES-- a defensive series for the most part, but the emergence of Jeff Teague has changed things. I would like to see Teague 'set-up" Crawford..and I believed it happened a few times in this series. However, Teague's defensive prowess and speed and ability to break down and finish at the basket is what is needed.

When Jamal Crawford entered game, the Bulls led 18-15 in the first quarter; after a few misses and a turnover, the score was 30-17 Bulls. I am not say it is all Jamal's foault, but putting the defensive-minded and more athletic Damien Wilkens may have helped.

Jamal has opportunities to get going, but as a sixth man he has to be READY to make a positive impact.

4:09 Jamal Crawford enters the game for Jeff Teague

3:46 Jamal Crawford misses 19-foot jumper

2:13 Jamal Crawford misses driving layup

2:12 Jeff Teague enters the game for Joe Johnson

1:39 Jamal Crawford offensive foul (Keith Bogans draws the foul)

After the game got out-of-hand, Jamal made his only basket in the first quarter

0:33 Jamal Crawford makes 21-foot jumper (Zaza Pachulia assists) The score 32-21 at the end of the first quarter...

Jamal stayed in the game for a little while longer. into the second quarter..

11:00 Jamal Crawford misses 7-foot two point shot

10:04 Jamal Crawford out of bounds lost ball turnover

9:00 Jamal Crawford misses 23-foot three point jumper

The Hawks are fighting not to get blown out in the second quarter, but Jamal is still shooting --and mostly missing... score 34-25 Bulls

6:37 Jamal Crawford misses 15-foot jumper

6:26 Al Horford enters the game for Jamal Crawford

5:54 full timeout HAWKS ARE DOWN 40-30...

Things didn't get better when Jamal Crawford was in the game ...I WISH IT DID... but it didn't

Edited by hawks21

Jamal Crawford is useless if his offensive game is off like that.

I agree Damien would have made an excellent substitution

Unfortunately as well as he's coached, LD is still a rookie himself.

Keeping in Jamal Crawford, and not calling early TO in the 4th quarter when we were running all those ISOs are decisions that LD wishes he had back for sure

Jamal has won many games for the Hawks in his two years, but as you know he has struggled with his shot at times-- especially at home. Statistically, Jamal has struggled against the Bulls and has scored below his season average.

THIS IS AN UGLY SERIES-- a defensive series for the most part, but the emergence of Jeff Teague has changed things. I would like to see Teague 'set-up" Crawford..and I believed it happened a few times in this series. However, Teague's defensive prowess and speed and ability to break down and finish at the basket is what is needed.

When Jamal Crawford entered game, the Bulls led 18-15 in the first quarter; after a few misses and a turnover, the score was 30-17 Bulls. I am not say it is all Jamal's foault, but putting the defensive-minded and more athletic Damien Wilkens may have helped.

Jamal has opportunities to get going, but as a sixth man he has to be READY to make a positive impact.

4:09 Jamal Crawford enters the game for Jeff Teague

3:46 Jamal Crawford misses 19-foot jumper

2:13 Jamal Crawford misses driving layup

2:12 Jeff Teague enters the game for Joe Johnson

1:39 Jamal Crawford offensive foul (Keith Bogans draws the foul)

After the game got out-of-hand, Jamal made his only basket in the first quarter

0:33 Jamal Crawford makes 21-foot jumper (Zaza Pachulia assists) The score 32-21 at the end of the first quarter...

Jamal stayed in the game for a little while longer. into the second quarter..

11:00 Jamal Crawford misses 7-foot two point shot

10:04 Jamal Crawford out of bounds lost ball turnover

9:00 Jamal Crawford misses 23-foot three point jumper

The Hawks are fighting not to get blown out in the second quarter, but Jamal is still shooting --and mostly missing... score 34-25 Bulls

6:37 Jamal Crawford misses 15-foot jumper

6:26 Al Horford enters the game for Jamal Crawford

5:54 full timeout HAWKS ARE DOWN 40-30...

Things didn't get better when Jamal Crawford was in the game ...I WISH IT DID... but it didn't

Why would we have to bench jamal for missing a few shots he you conveniently left out that Jamal was was on the floor in the second after Teague picked up his second when we cut the lead down by halftime ?

Regardless of whether you like it or not the Bulls respect jamals offensive game enough to double him and force the ball out of his hands . Jamal got some good looks in the first half but didnt knock them down but hes still a respected scoring threat whom the opponent has targeted there entire defense into stopping along with Joe so we should basically do them a favor and keep Jamal out of the game altogether ?

4:09 Jamal Crawford enters the game for Jeff Teague 33-42

Crawford hasn't really seen many double-teams this series. He has no excuse. They actually haven't been trying to force the ball from his hands either. They have allowed him to isolate and see if he will shoot his way out of the game and it has worked. You just can't really argue with people wanting the better defender playing more minutes when the explosive scorer starts 1-8, has turnovers and plays bad defensively. Here is to hoping he has a huge game tonight!

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

It's not all about Jamal missing shots, I can live with that if we force them to miss shots also......it's also about his inability to provide any kind of defensice resistance when the team as a whole is inan offensive slump. Making a timely stop may lead to an easy bucket on the other end,but if you can't make a stop and can't score then it's over. Sometimes you need your defense to work for you and I don't think LD get's that.