• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Money is NO Object 2

Diesel

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As surprising as it may seem, I chose James Harden over Joe. Sure Joe is the more proven player and I might have made a wrong choice. But with Harden I get a guy that can get to the line whenever he wants and has really good passing skills. He may be smaller than Joe but he doesn't settle as much and has more quickness. I believe their defense is the same, with Joe being able to stay in front of guys due to his strength, and Harden because of his quickness.

• Premium Member

As surprising as it may seem, I chose James Harden over Joe. Sure Joe is the more proven player and I might have made a wrong choice. But with Harden I get a guy that can get to the line whenever he wants and has really good passing skills. He may be smaller than Joe but he doesn't settle as much and has more quickness. I believe their defense is the same, with Joe being able to stay in front of guys due to his strength, and Harden because of his quickness.

I have to say, I haven't bought the Harden hype yet. Maybe it's the beard? But he just doesn't impress me. The only thing he has on Joe is Age. In fact, I think he's less apt to carry a team than Jamal is.

Sure Joe may take and make tougher shots than Harden, because that is Joe's specialty, he is a shot maker despite how inefficient he is. Harden on the other hand brings more to the table. So Joe might be a better 1 option because he can handle the defense, but imo Harden does other stuff that makes him more valuable than Joe. And during the playoffs when Westbrook was imploding, Harden stepped up to the plate and delivered given his age and experience.

Edited by Supporter

• Premium Member

Just thinking about two of the choices...

First... Imagine our team with DeAndre Jordan At C.

Jordan, Josh, Marvin, Joe, Teague are the projected starters.

At 6'11, 265. Jordan averaged about 7 points, 7 rebounds, 1.8 Blocks in 26 Minutes. The discouraging thing is that he shot 45% fromt the free throw line. Why can't most bigs hit the free throw? This guy is a finisher at the rim. For him to be effective, Teague will have to find him.

Next, Imagine our team with Paul Pierce at Sf.

Horf, Smith, Pierce, Joe, and Teague.

What problem does having Paul Pierce solve. I know he can shoot. I know he can draw fouls. I know plays good defense (not great). Will he bring a strong intermediate game to the Hawks? Maybe 4 yrs ago.. But now, he's an old man who likes to shoot when called on.

I picked Okafor for C, as in my opinion he is the most complete 'true' center out of that grouping, with DeAndre Jordan being the second out of that list. Horford, Jefferson and Bargnani are most decidedly NOT centers, so no. They may have the size, but they just are pretty much completely lacking in the mentality and/or desire to play like a classic 5 would.