Hawks Offseason Moves

reeballin4

This is just my opinion, but if we decide to trade with another team we should try and use Horford to get a true center (Bogut). Honestly, the top 3 centers in the league IMO are Dwight, Bogut, and Hoford, even though he plays out of position. (Hibert is very good too). If we can't upgrade we should stick with Smoove and Horford, and try to get a young defensive center off the bench (maybe Benson?). We need to let go of Crawford, and I'm pretty sure Shannon Brown will come to Atl. (His girlfriend and had issues with Gasol in LA). Also, James Jones will most likely be released. Miami didn't use him in the finals and they don't have enough cap to keep both Miller and Jones, he's the odd man out. He could be our backup 3 man. I'm not a fan of Marvin starting so if he is kept he could be servicable off the bench as a combo fwd. Wilson Chandler is another player who is a RFA, and he could fill our hole at 3.

2012 Outlook

Teague/Hinrich

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

The same core but in order to win we need a legit 3 man who can ball (Wilson Chandler) and if we can't upgrade the center position we should be alright, but we need a defensive coach. We tried to model the Pistons after the championship run but we're missing the most important factor - DEFENSE, but it can be fixed we've seen flashes.Teague will make his way to the second-tier pgs (Conley, Nelson, Harris) and his potential is limitless once he gains more confidence.