• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Communication with our owners?

cam1218

• Premium Member

First let me say a hello to the Hawksquawk, glad to see we have some conversation going on here again. I checked this page a lot during the lockout and there wasn't much activity, it was pretty sad. Here is to basketball being back!

Now for the point of my post. I remember a couple years ago I emailed Levenson and Gearon Jr. and offered some opinions of how they were running our team. I didn't get much back from them, but I do feel like they actually wrote me back with an original email, not one of those "thanks for writing us, blah blah" generic replies.

With the ASG holding on to the team, I wonder if they are holding on to it to sell at a later date, or if they are actually committed to owning the Hawks for an extended period. Either way, I think this might be a good time for some of us to voice our opinion to these guys.

I can't seem to find their email addresses, but maybe somebody on here has them? They got a lot of bad publicity for what they did to the Thrashers and how they have handled the Hawks. We need to let them hear what we think.

Lets face it, the Hawks are at the crossroads. Is our core finally going to be a legit contender? With all of these rumors about CP3 and Howard being available, is this time for us to break up the core and get a legit superstar? It doesn't matter how you feel, you should send them your thoughts.

Lets voice our opinion, Hawks fans. Yeah, I know that one of us saying we should trade for CP3 isn't going to be the final piece of the puzzle. The owners should be desperate though to gain back some trust in the Hawks' fan base and Atlanta fans in general. If you come to the Hawksquawk, you are one of the few that really care about this franchise--let them know how you feel.

Honestly, if they feel they can resign him next year like they did with Joe, sure. They better be right. This is like the Julio Jones trade. GS and LAC is not so risky or at least that risky for CP3. As I said earlier, you better keep Horford. Josh is too much a wildcard and CP3 ain't here to build to a title. Even if the deal is centered around Smith, it will be the riskiest deal in franchise history and one of risky deals of all time. You better be right but Atlanta has done their research. This isn't something that was started in a couple weeks ago, this takes years sometimes.

I personally feel that for casual fans, why not? Might as well. For diehard and NBA people, boy you better be right. This is not like NJ. They knew they had to get the pieces around Deron so he could resign and had a year to do it. Atlanta would have a couple weeks to get MLE, LLE, and vet mins. But Atlanta is in a tough position regardless. You are currently a top eight team who can't get to the Final Four. Something has to give. We will see.