• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The new NBA and trades........

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I dont know about you BUT I believe if you are going to trade with the Hornets for CP3 then your gonna have to give up a star to get a star.

Case in point: The Lakers deal was to get rid of the contracts of Odom and Gasol of whom both are on the decline. Then the Lakers would have had Kobe, Bynum, and Paul...............and the Hornets? Well they would have been left out in the cold.

The latest garbage...........This idiot Demps from the Hornets was gonna trade CP3 for Beldsoe and "will never play many games" Chris Kaman..............so the Clipps would add CP3 to Gordon and Blake Griffith.

See my point? I am with the NBA 100% on these deals. If you are gonna trade for a superstar like CP3 you're going to have to give up a player of similiar talent and ability.

I am sick and tired of the media types blasting the NBA for the CP3 deal to the Lakers. Yep lets keep the Lakers on top while taking a leak on the smaller market New Orleans franchise.

The Atlanta Hawks are soo close to the Hornets in this matter. Think again before you bash the NBA over these Paul trades. If CP3 wants to leave NO, then let him play his contract out. I think there should be some mechanism to where the small market teams should be able to build the team instead of drafting a CP3 and then by econocmics having to trade him to a big market team like the Lakers who simply laugh off the Luxury tax.

Thats my take............

what are you talking about ? seriously bro ..Dell Demps has done a good job so far in this situation and by ALL accounts the trade would have INCLUDED either Minny ( unprotected 1st round pick which could EASILY be top pick or ERIC GORDON )

If CP3 wants to leave NO, then let him play his contract out

yea thats BRILLIANT for the league so then he goes to Lakers or Knicks for nothing

I don't get how the original trade for the lakers was a bad deal for the Hornets. Sure, the lakers didn't give up much (though I wouldn't call a top 5 power forward and the 6th man of the year "nothing"), but that is because the Rockets were willing to give away talent to get cap space.

Kevin Martin is a 20+ scorer, Scola is an 18/8 man, Dragic is a decent back up PG and Odom is the 6th man of the year. The hornets would have been in playoff contention. And if they wanted to blow it up, they could get a ton of players and picks by trading these pieces to contenders.

You don't think the bulls would do something like Asik plus the bobcats pick for Martin? That the celtics wouldn't give Jeff Green plus the clippers pick for Odom? That the spurs wouldn't be willing to give Splitter+picks for Scola in order to put together one last run?

As for the "new nba," it is the same as the old NBA. Teams trading expiring contracts for 50 cents on the dollar are as old as free agency.

From what I heard Gordon was in the deal. The NBA just don't doesn't want to add salary but they want young talent. Gordon was due for an ext that would out NO over the cap. I think that's why the deal was killed. Curry deal would be killed as well. The NBA doesn't want to add salary but add young talent. I didn't think this one would get canned but I see why it did.

The NBA wanted Gordon AND minnesota's pick. And I am sorry, but that is way too much for a guy with knee problems on the last year of his deal. The minnesota pick is unprotected, and given all the new faces and changes over there should easily be a top 5 pick in a year with a very deep draft.

The NBA wants

A player on a rookie deal but is not exp soon. 1-2 years into their career.

They want expiring.

I really think they want Okafor off the books.

They want draft picks

They want financial flexibility.

The NBA wants to much

Atlanta could off all but the flexibility since they would have to trade Marvin or Zaza as well. I don't see him getting traded honestly. This was a damn good deal the NBA turned down.