• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"The Crying Game" By Larry Drew

willthepureshooter

In the words of the famous Four Tops song, "It's the same old song, but with a different meaning since you been gone." Yes! These words speak the truth of our Hawks after leaving the guidance of Mike Woodson. We all wanted a new general at the head of our regime but, ASG decided to purchase an 1985 Cutlass on 36" rims instead of a Honda Prius. Now we're left with the same mime like sideline gestures and post game interviews as Woodson. Is it hard for management to see how we've suddenly dropped off the edge of the Earth (ala Christopher Columbus)..? I mean, does a 6-8 record after Hinrichs forceful entry into the lineup say enough???? Nope! Its in turn contributed to a lack of 'energy' and 'toughness'.. Well Drew, the energy and toughness starts with the leader of the team and thats you my friend. Stop crying and grab hold of your troops. I've never watched such a lifeless coach in my life. Looking at Thibodeu on the other side of the court I see why his team plays hard. Its simple, his passion and energy feeds his team. Lets face it guys, Drews not a leader and will never be one. He doesn't take ownership for loses and mistakes.

This was a quote from Hoopinion:

" With Pargo as the evening’s designated streak shooter, Radmanovic took the night off, shooting 0-for-5 and going scoreless in 12 minutes, although he did collect 5 rebounds. The Hawks are 1-7 in the month of February in games in which Radmanovic plays at least 10 minutes. Two of the Hawks three wins this month came as Vlad averaged 3 minutes against Orlando and Indiana.

During a stretch of 4 games from Jan. 29th through Feb. 4th, Ivan averaged 23.5 minutes, 9.5 points and almost 8 rebounds per game playing primarily as backup center. During that stretch, the Hawks out-rebounded 3 of 4 opponents. In the 7 games that followed, Ivan averaged 8 minutes, 3 points and 2 rebounds. In those 7 games, the Hawks were out-rebounded by 6 opponents. Against Chicago, Ivan played 2 minutes and the Hawks were out-rebounded 51-41. Grade: Incomplete."

Doesn't these losses sound more and more like problems derived from Drews horrible coaching and substitution schemes?? Mark my words, Larry Drew's an exact clone of Mike Woodson and he will continue to run this team into the ground. You can't be a head coach in the NBA and hold grudges with your players. I know Stackhouse is old but why not put him in the lineups when players aren't hitting shots. Last time I checked, they have wheel chair basketball leagues so there's no excuse to bench a veteran shooter. He's 6'6 with smarts and a shot Drew!

Here are your Prius' right here:

1. Dan Majerle

PHP490D3F72C63B5.jpg

2. Jeff Van Gundy

JVG.jpg

3. Brian Shaw

brian-shawjpg-e272c0ceef0db885_large.jpg

4. Mario Elie

mario-elie-1210-307.jpg

5. Hubie Brown

3458911_display_image.jpg?1329355557

6. Bob Huggins

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-341605008-1270128465.jpg?ymSNj6CD40Ey9TDu

7. Rick "The God Father" Pitino

pitino.jpg

I wish he could repeat his famous speech to Boston fans to Atlanta Hawks fans... sobbing.gif

"Lebron James is not walking through that door, fans. Dwayne Wade is not walking through that door, and Kobe Bryant is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their asses off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Jason Terry was booed. I've been around when Josh Smith was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are in that locker room... and if you think I'm going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team."

Now thats a good speech!!