• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Chance Hawks Trade Up for Terrence Ross?

ATLien_

I can't really get a good feel for where this guy will go. NBA Draft.net has him going 7 to Golden State, but Draft Express has had him in the 17 to 20 range for a while.Draft Express has a really good break down of his game.

don't like their comparison to Nick Young though; I think he's a much better defender than Nick Young. I see him more as a cross between Jason Richardson and Joe Johnson type player. He's way more athletic than Joe, but not as good of a finisher around the basket as Jason Richardson. He's not as good a ball handler as Joe, but uses alot of the step back moves that are staples of Joe's game.I really like this guys game, and I believe he will be one the steals of this draft. He shot 46% from the field and shot 37% from 3. These are legitimate shooting percentages too. Not heavily supplemented by dunks and layups.If we are entertaining the thought of moving Joe to SF, then we are going to have to add rebounding somewhere. This guy can play SG and averaged 6.4 boards a game. I think he's a perfect fit for our motion offense. His average ball handling ability is not a huge disadvantage in the motion offense and he is a killer off screens. He has a very quick first step and is deadly when he counters with a step back jumper off that first step. We need people that can spread the floor. I think he's a shooter that can't be left alone.What does the Squawk think about Terrence? I know he's not a perfect prospect, but what can you expect outside the lottery. He's got skills that I think translate into being a good NBA player. If he learns to handle the ball better and get to the free throw line I think he can be a all star type talent. At worse I think he's has a Jason Richardson(above average starter) type career. Edited by ATLien_

We need a playmaker a lot more and need a true center more than a guy like Ross. We are pass the stage of just adding talented. We need to add key pieces that will fit and make others better.

I think adding Ross instantly makes Joe a much better player. I think he immediately makes it much harder for teams to double Joe because he's a lights out shooter from 3.He gives us another athletic person to run the break. Joe and Marvin ain't getting it done. Most of our transition game comes from our big Josh and Al. That should not be the case. This guy can fly and dunk.He also gives Josh and Al protection in the post.Did you see the opponents shooting percentages against his defense? I think he immediately becomes one of the better perimeter defenders on this team, and takes a huge burden off Joe to guard everyone's best perimeter player. Joe can then focus on being a Scorer and playmaker.Will he be as good a defender as Joe from day 1? No, but it won't be such a drop off that Joe has to guard other people PG's and SG's off screens the whole game. Joe can just take over on key defensive posessions down the stretch.I want a pure PG as much as you do Joker i've been saying that for years, but I think Marshall will be gone sooner rather than later. I don't really want to take another tweener like Royce White or one of the many other SF/PF in this draft that can't shoot.If we move Josh than my opinion will change, but as of now we have no need for another SF/PF tweener.

Ross isn't better than Jamal as even as good. He wouldn't make Joe better. He wouldn't get Joe open spot up shots. He is not even an option for a least a year or two. In past years where there wasn't a playmaking PG in the draft or a legit true center where we were slotted, I wouldn't mind Ross but this year. No.