• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Jenkins pump fake...

Dorehawk

is the most powerful force in nature. You guys got a glimpse last game of how he can launch his defender into orbit with just the most subtle pump fake. You also heard the TV guy say that Jenkins rushed his shot once or twice...not at all true. We Commodore fans got used to that "rushed" look over three years. It's just a quick release and does not require the typical time and space. It just looks so fast it surprises folks.

He had an uncharacteristic night against the Celtics. Christmas never left his shirt, but that is standard for John He's used to that with guys like Beal, Knight, Wall, etc, so I do NOT think it was a welcome to the NBA moment for him. Still, I was surprised to see John miss so many, including an open three and two free throws. Not to worry, though. I promise that won't happen much.Posted Image

• Moderators

I imagine ANY shot fake out of Jenk will get guys to bite just because of the volume of shots the guy takes. I am more interested to see if those type of tactics will work against the more disciplined players. Guarantee that Wade and Kobe won't be fooled by those shot fakes. I do believe we have one hell of a talent on our hands and I believe he will end his career as a Kevin Martin type player, except with better D as he works on it. I believe the best attribute the guy has isn't his shooting, but his self-motivation and work ethic to get better. Those type of players have long careers, barring any career-ending injury.

I think the best asset is the combination of his shot and his work ethic. I'm loving the comparison he's drawn to Reggie Miller/Jesus Shuttlesworth. If the plays can be designed to get him to come off some screens, he could be lethal.