• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It ain't over 'til it's over

Gray Mule

Posted Image

The Atlanta Braves have one of the very best closers in baseball. He loses a few games

but he usually gets those last three outs.

Last night, the Atlanta Hawks were buried - - Too far behind to possibly come back. Not.

Suddenly their defense was awake and their shots began to fall. Some home run threes

brought us back until we were in the game again. Stinger's star of the game with those

long bombs.

But, going cold, Hawks within one, time was running out, the scoreboard froze. Then, we

got the ball in the hands of our designated closer for this game. Jeff Teague buried the

three. As if that wasn't enougn, on the very next posession, he floated in the killer shot

for two! Cold blooded closer.

Different lineup at the end of the game than the first victory. JT wasn't even on the floor

last time. He may not be in the next game. Two different games and two different closers.

A game of runs? You betcha, and Hawks had the last one, the winning run. We were

buried. We could have quit. We didn't. Next time, we may be unable to come back.

We now know that we're capable of coming back. Now, we can truly believe the old

axiom, "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

GO HAWKS!

Posted Image

This team plays with a lot of emotion, which can be good or bad, depending on the circumstances. Once the shots started falling late in the game you could tell this team was riding that emotional roller coaster. I love the fire this years team plays with. The hustle was there. The crowd was in it. The Hawks didn't let up when it mattered most. This is not a lottery team. This is a team that can compete with any team in the league. However, I must caution, this is a team that needs to continuie to play within their roles. I'm excited about this years Hawks. The past 2 games have been coached very differently from the first game. I'm still scratching my head about the coaching in that one. It's gonna be a fun year.