Minutes Distribution: Hawks @ Bobcats ( 11.11.2013 )

TheNorthCydeRises

I'll try to do this after each game, probably the morning after the game. For those of you who know about the popcornmachine.net website, you know they give a pretty comprehensive look at each game in the GameFlow section. And part of what they do is give what lineup is in a game. From that, and by watching the game, I can pretty much determine what position each player is playing at that time.Most of these will be easy to determine. Schröder will always play PG. A guy like Demarre Carroll will more than likely be the SF. And Millsap ( for now ) will probably exclusively play PF.But there will be players that play multiple positions at times.So let's see how the Bobcats game broke down.PG: Teague ( 30 ) - Schröder ( 10 ) - Mack ( 8 )G: Korver ( 26 ) - Cartier ( 13 ) - Jenkins ( 7 ) - Teague ( 1 ) - Misc ( 1 )SF: Carroll ( 34 ) - Korver ( 7 ) - Cartier ( 7 )PF: Millsap ( 26 ) - Scott ( 19 ) - Horford ( 2 ) - Misc ( 1 )C: Horford ( 29 ) - Brand ( 19 )First off, here is a quick meaning of "Misc". All that is, are the remainder minutes at that position. For example, Mike Scott actually played 19.4 minutes at PF, while Millsap played 26.3 minutes, and Horford played about 2.3 minutes at PF. In each case, I had to round down in minutes instead of rounding up, because no player was .5 or higher. So I created the Misc category for those seconds. ABOUT THE ROTATIONThe quick foul trouble that Teague and Schröder got into forced Coach Bud to very deep into his rotation, by playing Mack and Jenkins.Cartier Martin played almost the entire 1st half at SG. When the "Dreads" are in ( Cartier and Carroll ), Cartier will play SG. Bud opted to sub Cartier in for Korver instead of for Carroll in that 1st half.Korver got extended minutes at SF due to Jenkins playing SG. This also may be the case when Lou comes back.Horford got a little burn alongside Brand, but nothing significant. Bud had to get hella creative with the lineup in the 1st half, but went back with his more stable 9 man lineup in the 2nd half. Bud seems to have a set rotation he likes to go with, but will also give bench guys who are producing a little more playing time.

• Like 1