• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eary Season Duds?

AUhawksfan

I know there's been a lot of talk about who has surprised so far this season (Dennis) but who have you not been impressed with?

Paul Millsap - He finally came through with one strong quarter last night but overall I feel he's pressing and forcing too much on offense.  To top that off, he hasn't been as strong rebounding or playing D from what I'm used to.  I'm hoping last night will be the start to getting him back on track.

Thabo - Usual good defense but he has struggled on offense.  He shot well in preseason but he does not look confident from long distance.  His confidence seems low on offense at the moment.

Baze - He's sat the past couple of games and it's probably for the best for now.  His offense has been terrible and he's forcing too much and missing most of them.  I still hope he will get another stretch to prove himself but it's only going to get more crowded when Payne comes back.

I hesitate to put Horford because he's still shaking off the rust and I feel like he has worked his way in nicely without trying to do too much.  Bud also seems to still be limiting his minutes some too.

I wouldn't worry too much about Sap. It's gonna take some time to figure out how he and Horf to co-exist. Good problem to have... But they haven't played much together. Is Jenkins still on

The team????

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good post.  Baze has been a disappointment so far but I still feel like he will find his role.  Thabo I'm not sure about.   I think he'll be a great backup for DMC but I'm not sure he works well in this offense.   Hopefully though.   It took DMC and the other guys some time to get it.  

I don't know what's up with Jenkins.  I think Bud may not like him or something.   Typically though there is a reason for guys to get no shot at all and usually it's that they have some big weakness or something.   But you're never going to trade him if he isn't playing.   

What about Moose?  I thought he'd get some burn since he's so much younger than Pero.