• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I KNOW, WE WON, BUT - - -

Gray Mule

Great second half for our Hawks.  They adjusted well and came on

strong to open the 3rd.

But:  Just watching, I got the impression that the entire Hawk team and coaches

weren't totally impressed with the officials.  Do you believe that this is true?  Or,

was I just being gnat picky about this?

Also, I noticed Dennis hit the floor - hard - over and over again.  I know that he's

young and full of pep but this will wear on anyone's body. 

On a happier note, another of the mighty west teams have now met the Hawks!

Everyone knows, if we are to believe the talking heads, all the west is far superior

to any eastern team.  Wonder what that makes the Hawks?  I know.  Hawks have

had "a cakewalk" season so far.  So easy.  Just wait.  But, gee whiz!

diablo.gif

I think the Hawks need to get over themelves and understand the league perception of them still hasnt really changed. Everyone including the refs still think the Hawks are doing it with smoke and mirrors and will look for any excuse to bring them down.

What I want to see is that scrappy defense that has been missing for a few weeks - however we may not see it until we get helathy and our designated instant D guys return .

• Like 1

• Moderators

We definitely didn't get the respect that 'regular' elite teams get from the refs.  I mean there was a huge free throw discrepancy and it went in favor of the most physical team.  That makes no sense.   But Bud knows that we can't cry over that because we still should have won the game.   I really think our guys didn't do a good job of sticking to the game plan down the stretch and they all tried to overplay on the offensive end.   So we ended up with turnovers and bad ball movement.   But I'm sure Dennis, Teague, Millsap and others didn't FEEL like there were only a handful of fouls committed by the Griz.