• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 15thpick in this draft was no different than having the 30pick.

Blunt91

It seems that after the top 10 picks 11-30 wasn't much difference it talent. Even if we had kept the pick it is not like we were "getting over" on Brooklyn because they walked away with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.  Furthermore, Golden State got Kevon Looney who at one time was predicted to go as high as 15th.   Now I am not excusing the sorry trade by Bud, but I think alot of us were fooling ourselves in thinking we were getting a potentially great player with the 15th pick and we were never going to "stick it " to the Nets by getting their pick.

Hinsight is 20/20 mark my words there will be good NBA players that come out of this draft after pick 15. There will be the next Monta ellis,Milsap,Korver,Isiah Thomas,Draymond Green yet the Hawks choose to use their picks as fodder and not realize this. Maybe something becomes of the 2nd rounders but I'd prefer to go with college players since not many euro players in the 2nd round do well.

3-5 yrs from now Hawks fans probably will be saying why didn't we draft that guy as usual. My money is on Justin Anderson, Anthony Brown 2nd rounder and a few others. Hardaway might turn out to be ok but the Hawks pass on players that can be real difference makers not a good way to build a team.     

It seems that after the top 10 picks 11-30 wasn't much difference it talent. Even if we had kept the pick it is not like we were "getting over" on Brooklyn because they walked away with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.  Furthermore, Golden State got Kevon Looney who at one time was predicted to go as high as 15th.   Now I am not excusing the sorry trade by Bud, but I think alot of us were fooling ourselves in thinking we were getting a potentially great player with the 15th pick and we were never going to "stick it " to the Nets by getting their pick.

The player doesn't need to be great to make our trade bad; they simply need to be a average role player and they would be better than THJ has to this point in his career. If they become legitimate starters it looks even worse. I think it's very unlikely no one from 15 back becomes a starter or even an all star. Even the doom and gloomers that claim 70% of picks fail after 15 must admit that 30% succeed, and we had the first crack at them. If you don't feel confident you can find the gems when you pick first outside the lottery when will you? I think this was one of the deeper drafts in recent memory, and it was certainly much deeper than the one THJ went 24th in. I didn't hear a single analyst claiming this was a weak draft beforehand.