• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rivers Not Coming

phoostal

This is an article from Sean Devaney of the Sporting News. Why I don't necessarily believe Rivers is thinking like this, it doesn't seem like it is a shoe in for him to come to Atlanta.

Hawks coach Terry Stotts pulled SG Jason Terry from the starting lineup last week for being late for a walk-through. Terry took just one shot in 16 minutes, causing Stotts to question Terry's effort. Terry told reporters, "I wasn't impressed with the way he coached tonight, either." Et tu, Jason? For all the malcontents on Atlanta's roster, Terry has been the good soldier, and the fact that Stotts no longer has his attention means he pretty much has lost control of these Hawks. But the team has not made a move to replace him, not with the Hawks' new ownership still a work in progress. The hope in Atlanta is that Doc Rivers will take over and inject some life into the struggling franchise. Don't count on it -- Rivers' ABC gig begins on Christmas Day and a league source says, "(Rivers) does not want to go back to a bad situation. Atlanta is a bad situation." Of course, there could be a wide range of opportunities available soon. The Knicks, who long have coveted Rivers, are mulling a coaching change. The Nets probably won't keep Byron Scott, and that likely is the job that would most interest Rivers. . . .

• Premium Member

I think Doc already has a handshake deal with the Nets. Call me crazy but I think that Byron Scott is on his way out. Especially if the nets keep struggling. Thorn will bring in Doc to Bolster NJ... Especially if they move to Brooklyn.

I happen to like Fratello too. I like him because of his discipline, teaching, and he wants to be here. He knows the situation and wants to be here. I'm sure it's still going to cost... BUT, I think he's a perfect fit.