Eurobasket 2015

Ebert

I found FIBA's Youtube channel and the show EuroBasket's game highlights, top 5 of the day and some additional highlights. 
They also show videos of FIBA Americas 2015 and AfroBasket 2015

Dennis' highlight pass

Germany's games (including some Dennis action)

Top 5 until today
Edited by rd79

By the way I really like to watch that Zipser-kid. 

He will be available for the draft next year and is currently ranked 56 at DraftExpress

Seems to be able to play 2 or 3 - starts as small forward for Germany. 6'7'', 195 lbs

Didn't put up big numbers yet, but he made me think several times "Oh well if somebody out of this players could have a shot to become a NBA player - it's him". Looks far more athletic than German ballers usually do.

Edited by rd79

it all depends on his next season. I am pretty sure zipser will be drafted. I believe 2 teams were interested last year already. The question is will he take the risk and try playing in the nba or rather go for the safe job in europe

Depends how big his dreams are

Germany vs Turkey 75-80 (11-31 after 1st qtr)

Dennis 1st half: 2PTS, 1/5 FG, 1/3 2FG, 0/2 3FG, 1 ASS, 1 REB, 3TO

Dennis 2nd half: 22PTS, 6/13 FG, 5/10 2FG, 1/3 3FG, 5 ASS, 4 REB,  2TO, 9/10 FT

tried to extract that from "play by play" so there may be minor mistakes...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Germany vs Turkey 75-80 (11-31 after 1st qtr)

Dennis 1st half: 2PTS, 1/5 FG, 1/3 2FG, 0/2 3FG, 1 ASS, 1 REB, 3TO

Dennis 2nd half: 22PTS, 6/13 FG, 5/10 2FG, 1/3 3FG, 5 ASS, 4 REB,  2TO, 9/10 FT

tried to extract that from "play by play" so there may be minor mistakes...

Must have been a good halftime speech!

Well germany has pretty much no chances left. Too many players claimed to be injured and prefered to prepair for their next season, but can you really blame them? Its not like they make milions of €. They have to make as much money as possible since after 10-15 years they dont have a college education and have to get some money in the bank so they can catch up. But its just sad, since this team could have performed way better with a few other players. But I dont like Dirk calling names in the interviews. I understand that he is mad, but he has like 100million€ in the bank and these guys are far away from that.

and the assist to trunover ratio can not be compared to the nba. The game in europe is fiba rules and much more physical in terms of fouls. He has like 5 passes that would be easy assists almost every game, but either the german players dont convert relatively easy shots, or they get floored hard and cant convert. And the defenses concentrate on him and dirk mostly, that wont happen anytime soon in the nba.

Dirk said: Its rediculous that Theis wasnt playing here but he already plays 30 mins in scrimmages for bamberg.

Dennis said: I also didnt understand why we fauled in the end. I advised the coach to trust the defense, but he wanted it this way. I think its not smart. Dennis said this in his typical emotionless way. (that seems to be schooled bc most of the german black soccerplayers do it aswell. They try to talk very emotionless and monothone.)

Coach said: Dennis most likely doesnt know the italians as good as i do.( Coach Flemming is a very succesful coach and is going to be a co trainer in the nba next year. He has a high reputation. After that he only talks about general stuff and not about Dennis in perticular.)

But afterall its not Dennis fault. The man is 21 years old and he has the weight of the team on his shoulders. I can imagine some papers will call Dennis out, but that would only show that those papers are stupid since Dennis is so young. And afterall Dirk was very frustrated aswell like everyone was, so I dont think it will have any sort of influence on his position in the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

btw sorry for bad english but i am terrible tired

It's great! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it has been informative and a good read.

Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

The last turnover Dennis had was clearly a foul for me and so the refs decided the game. It was a drive from Dennis where he was tripped and fell really hard. Standing was 82-84 - Italy made a three on the following fast break, half a minute before end of overtime.

Dennis criticized the coach because he advised to foul at a three point lead with 28 seconds remaining in regulation. Italy converted both and Dennis only made one free throw (his only missed FT of the game) on the following possession.

Coach answered: If Dennis made both FTs the game would have been over.

All together I think it was a very good game by Dennis. Not great, but really good.

One shouldn’t forget, that FIBA rules doesn’t fit Dennis’ style of play. Because closer three point line means less space inside and no defensive 3 seconds means steady rim protection.

29Pts, 11/20 FG, 1/2 3FG, 6/7 FT, 7Ass, 4Rebs and 6TO in 34 mins

FOULS DRAWN 13 (rest of the team 15)

Edited by rd79

Well now the german commentator legend Buschmann calls out Dennis that he is no leader. This is getting stupider by the minute. But at least he says that Dennis needs a mentor for the off the court life. If he got that, he has the chance to be a real good nba player.

Well now the german commentator legend Buschmann calls out Dennis that he is no leader. This is getting stupider by the minute. But at least he says that Dennis needs a mentor for the off the court life. If he got that, he has the chance to be a real good nba player.

Some statements I heard say something else (think about horf, who said after a win last season Dennis challenged the team (in a time out or before overtime???) the and the response was the win)

Buschi is an idiot IMO, I never understood why he has so many fans

Dennis' problem is the missing help on that German team. Since he hates loosing and is still very young he may overreact sometimes (like publicly criticizing the coach)

Edited by rd79