• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eurobasket 2015

Ebert

At halftime Germany is down by 3. Very nice game. Pleiß was hasitend early but made 2 alleyoops later on and played beautifully. Dennis plays nice, but has way to many tournover and too few assists. Just checked the stat page says its only 1 tournover for dennis so far and he has 11 points and 2 assists. He shoots 37.5% from the field but 2/4 from 3.

Wow, what a finish. This time Dennis had a great game.

26pts, 8/15FGs, 3/6 3PFGs, 7ass, 6rebs, 2TO and only one f***ing missed FT out of 8...

Unfortunaly he lost the game with this last FT. But this one will make him better!

Dirk is the greatest German baller ever, but I would say the Atlanta Hawks have the right now best German player on their roster!

Dennis looked like the most talented player in the tourney which included Marc, Pau, Tony, Niko and a bunch of great NBA and Euro players in a style that doesn't suit him as well as the NBA. He improved tremendously from just the postseason and he seems like he is ready for another extreme jump in his play coming in 2015-16. Maybe an All Star appearance for Dennis. 

I just made a little research and Dimitrios Agravanis, our latest draft pick, who I knew wasn't in the final squad of Greece, was in the final 14 of their team, but was the latest cut.

I don't know him a lot but that's something to remark because Greece is a great team and has good depth. I'm sure he'll be in their final squad soon.

Great game but I think you are overselling it in the heat of the moment.

No one has scored more points in an Eurobasket game over the last 14 years. And it was in a semifinal in France with 27,000 frenchmen watching it live. It was brutal...

• Moderators

No one has scored more points in an Eurobasket game over the last 14 years. And it was in a semifinal in France with 27,000 frenchmen watching it live. It was brutal...

I'll be ok with one of the great Eurobasket games ever.  12 of 19, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 TOs doesn't quite overshadow a host of legendary games against stronger competition for me.

One that just popped in my head for example:

Hakeem Olajuwan

Western Conference Finals

At San Antonio

Matched Against NBA MVP David Robinson

41 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

His series closer is equally great:

39 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks

Pau Gasol putting a whooping on the french doesn't rate at that level for me.

Edited by AHF

I'll be ok with one of the great Eurobasket games ever.  12 of 19, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 TOs doesn't quite overshadow a host of legendary games against stronger competition for me.

It was in just 36 minutes in a win or go home game. It doesn't happen often.

Let's put it in perspective.

Only ELEVEN players have scored 40 or more points in a 7th game of a NBA series. Only 5 of them made their teams win. Each of them played more than 40 minutes.

So, yes, it was epic. 

Edited by Ebert