• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

76ers to allow PF Arsalan Kazemi to try out for Hawks

GrimeyKidd

All good, but I don't think it's much comfort to Mike that it's comparatively "child's play." It's his life, and while I agree that nothing's for certain, anytime you have in front of you the distinct possibility of prison time, it's going to wear on you. Am I wrong?

I think I would be motivated more than ever to prove to my franchise that I'm worth keeping around. At the media day, Mike said him and Bud are closer than ever and Bud said Mike is in a good place as the season approaches.

Maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me but I think we get good effort from Mike this season.

• Premium Member

To be clear, I'm not thinking he won't give good effort nor questioning his motivation. Not at all. I'm just saying that few people perform any job well when large life-altering situations are weighing on our minds... just the human condition. As a fan, of course, we hope he is very successful and gets to play the entire season. For his mental health, hopefully this somehow all gets resolved so he's not left hanging.

To be clear, I'm not thinking he won't give good effort nor questioning his motivation. Not at all. I'm just saying that few people perform any job well when large life-altering situations are weighing on our minds... just the human condition. As a fan, of course, we hope he is very successful and gets to play the entire season. For his mental health, hopefully this somehow all gets resolved so he's not left hanging.

I have to disagree there. It's not like he's going to be unable to think or do daily activities because he's worried sick about what could happen. It's basketball, not rocket science. If anything, being on the court will allow him to take his mind off of the issue. He even said that being on the court and around his teammates has been comforting during this.

He's not about to do 20 years of jail time or something crazy like that. He probably won't spend a day in jail. The U.S. legal system is very friendly to people with money and he has plenty of it.

To be clear, if Mike is not convicted then that does not imply he will not face a suspension. The only thing a conviction does (or plea of no lo or guilty) is guarantee Mike will be suspended. We are literally in a situation where we have no clue on the likelihood of Mike missing any games. Even if you put a subjective probability on Mike's conviction, we don't know if the NBA or even NBPA will push to have Mike face an arbiter on drug charges.

I agree 100% that he may face a suspension either way but I don't think the suspension comes until after the trial. His court date/trial could easily be postponed until after the season with a ltitle manuevering by his attorney.

Coach Bud got a dui on August 28, 2013 and just had his court date at the end of July 2015.

I see no reason to think that Mike's case will be heard anytime soon and I would think his attorneys will do what it takes to have the date pushed back until after the season.