• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Basketball Dreams

Trout7

I have often pondered or dreamed what it would be like to be a fan of an NBA team that actually gets somewhat fairly called games without bullshit foul calls.  I am seriously considering cutting back my time watching these games next year, because when you are wanting to blast out your TV screen with a shotgun because of NBA refs maybe you should spend more of your time on something else.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I have often pondered or dreamed what it would be like to be a fan of an NBA team that actually gets somewhat fairly called games without bullshit foul calls.  I am seriously considering cutting back my time watching these games next year, because when you are wanting to blast out your TV screen with a shotgun because of NBA refs maybe you should spend more of your time on something else.  

Hey, I think we all feel your pain.  We see what you're seeing.  For me, I just don't take it too personally.  I also acknowledge that I view games with a bias.  Hawk-colored glasses, if you will.  "Fair" for me doesn't necessarily equal "fair" for everyone else so you can't get too worked up about it.

On a totally unrelated note, I dreamed that I was a secret agent on a cruise ship last night.  Me and like 4 other randos were searching for a bomb or something.  Then I woke up.  Any Freud-esque dream analysts out there?

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I think we all feel your pain.  We see what you're seeing.  For me, I just don't take it too personally.  I also acknowledge that I view games with a bias.  Hawk-colored glasses, if you will.  "Fair" for me doesn't necessarily equal "fair" for everyone else so you can't get too worked up about it.

On a totally unrelated note, I dreamed that I was a secret agent on a cruise ship last night.  Me and like 4 other randos were searching for a bomb or something.  Then I woke up.  Any Freud-esque dream analysts out there?

I'm not an analyst but I think the 4 other randos you were with were Rudy Gay, Kevin Love, Elton John and Ricky Martin...and it wasn't a bomb you were searching for, it was a purple beret hat. 

6 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I'll take a dream about a cruise ship anyday over a dream about NBA referees.

@kg01 is wondering..."What about hunky NFL refs like Edward Hochuli."

15 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

I'll take a dream about a cruise ship anyday over a dream about NBA referees.

I hear you.  Lauren Holtkamp is on the 'would' list though.  She's near last place, but she made the list.

I'm sure @JayBirdHawk and @Spud2Nique have a few more options w.r.t. refs they wouldn't mind dreaming about.  Right, ladies?

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  Lauren Holtkamp is on the 'would' list though.  She's near last place, but she made the list.

I'm sure @JayBirdHawk and @Spud2Nique have a few more options w.r.t. refs they wouldn't mind dreaming about.  Right, ladies?

Yes I'd be dreaming about doing this...

tumblr_mqg6azxfY91rfbf9jo4_250.gif

3 hours ago, Trout7 said:

I agree with @kg01, you just can't get so worked up about things that you'll never be able to control.  I also don't buy the whole "we need a superstar to get calls."

Look at all the Cleveland fans who think Lebron never gets calls and he himself has even voiced frustration that he doesn't get enough.  Even if we were to get more calls some nights, there will always be nights where the refs totally screw up or we feel that they just have it out for us.  Nothing is going to change that so we just have to make sure we have a team that doesn't let that affect them and still competes regardless of what the refs do.

Replay could fix some things but hell no to that.  It already slows down the game enough.  Half the time I'm thinking "what could they possibly be looking at?" since it's usually obvious and a conclusion could be made in 10 seconds.

2 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I agree with @kg01, you just can't get so worked up about things that you'll never be able to control.  I also don't buy the whole "we need a superstar to get calls."

Look at all the Cleveland fans who think Lebron never gets calls and he himself has even voiced frustration that he doesn't get enough.  Even if we were to get more calls some nights, there will always be nights where the refs totally screw up or we feel that they just have it out for us.  Nothing is going to change that so we just have to make sure we have a team that doesn't let that affect them and still competes regardless of what the refs do.

Replay could fix some things but hell no to that.  It already slows down the game enough.  Half the time I'm thinking "what could they possibly be looking at?" since it's usually obvious and a conclusion could be made in 10 seconds.

It's not only about the Superstar getting calls to go to the free throw line, it's also about the Superstar not getting any fouls called against them which also trickles over to the rest of this teammates.

7 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

You had me at "I agree with kg01".  On replay, we've seen at least 2-3 plays replayed where the ref got it wrong!!  Even after their 45-minute review.  Replay's not saving us from this problem.  

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not only about the Superstar getting calls to go to the free throw line, it's also about the Superstar not getting any fouls called against them which also trickles over to the rest of this teammates.

This is true.

16 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

So you're the one....lol