• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Am I one of few that believes JT is a baller

Highpozt

Hots,

Not defending JT or anything, but this is the second time you have said that someone must not work hard in the offseason because they still don't play defense.

Defense isn't really something you "work" on. It is more of a mindset. You can work on your footwork. You can work on your positioning. But... drills don't really get one amped. It is a mindset.

BUT --- you can stay in shape and shoot. You can work on that part of your game.

Play.

You can work on your footwork. You can work on your positioning. But... drills don't really get one amped."

Sorry but that's part of working hard. Working to get

correct positioning is just as much work as working to

improve your jumpshot. If Jt works so hard to improve

his game out come he STILL can't inbound the ball

correctly? Other PG's could do it as a rookie...[censored], Dan

Dickau can do that correctly.

I'm saying that for JT to be such a hard worker his game

hasn't improved at all the last 3 years.

The statement that JT is just a CBA player is totally false. Put another coach on the bench and see what would happen. If Jerry Sloan was his coach he would be one of the top point guards in the league. This team has no direction whatsoever. Is this all the players fault? The bottom line is the head coach is ultimately responsible for this. That goes with the job. Stotts is in over his head apparently. He may be a great guy but his teams have always under achieved. That's the undisputed TRUTH! This team has talent we need a coach that knows how to teach and motivate. Bring in Fratello or Rivers and see what happens.

Hotz,

What you say is true... when you are IN A GAME. But, you can't really work on correct positioning in the offseason.

Inbounding the ball is another thing you can't really work at in the offseason.

I'm not saying that Terry has improved those facets, or that he is a good PG or player... I am just saying that he does work and he is not some CBA reject.

I can gaurantee there is not a team out there that would not enjoy having Terry in their lineup. It might be from the bench (and most likely would be), but it isn't like he is just some drunk that the Hawks found on the roaming streets Atlanta.

I don't like JT. I don't like his game. But I don't think he is just some scrub. I think with the proper coach and the right situation, he'd be okay.

Play.

Is this all the players fault?"

90% of it is...They play the [censored] game the coaches don't.

"Stotts is in over his head apparently. "

it appears everyone is. It's everyones fault but Jt because

he's a moron with limited skills.

" This team has talent we need a coach that knows how to teach and motivate."

Only a few stupid people here think the Hawks have the

talent to win. SMART basketball fans know better.

"Put another coach on the bench and see what would happen."

Every coach you say the samething...

First it was Lenny's fault for benching poor little innocent

JT... Then it became Lon Krugers fault from shuffling JT

back and fourth....Then it became Big Dog taking too many

shots out of the offense...And now it's Terry Stotts fault

that JT is a stupid motherfu(ker and can't simply throw

a pass in the correct place despite playing 4 years in

college.

"If Jerry Sloan was his coach he would be one of the top point guards in the league. "

Yeah right...

Hotz,

What you say is true... when you are IN A GAME. But, you can't really work on correct positioning in the offseason. "

You cant study film? You can't get people together and

practice the situation? Working hard is more than picking

up a dumbell. You can't invite players over to work on

it...You can't call up a great PG of the past and get help?

Jt's problems are lack of instincts and bad offensive and

defensive awareness. Those are some mighty big flaws

to have.

A coach can't give JT the insticts that passers have. Penny

I believe wanted to be like Magic and although he was a

decent passer, he didn't have the insticts to be a Magic

type of player.

Hotz,

Stotts failure as a coach isn't JT, but that he has little control over the team.

Jackson and Glover are more of a problem then JT when it comes to winnign and losing. JT contributes to the losses on many occations, to be sure, but he isn't the worst of the bunch.

Jackson shoots FAR too much and at FAR too low a percentage. He makes awful decisions.

Glover does the same thing.

JT is following up that pack quite admirably, with his infamous 3 seconds into the shot clock turn around, fade away three.

THAT my friend, is COACHING and allowing the players to play outside the gameplan and outside of themselves.

Play.

As seen with Portland...If you have too many bad apples

there isn't much the coach can do. What more can Sttots

do than bench them? You guys act like the coach is supposed

to be some kind of god out there are something. Just listen

to yourselves.

It's the coaches fault that the Hawks whole roster is made

up of guys that have lost and lost for every coach they have

played for. It's up to the players to show some form of self

control.

Jt was doing what he was doing before Jax got here and when Dion was sitting on the bench with injuries....

Who are our assistant coaches? What do they do?

Can any of them teach? I mean, teach basketball.

Have any of them played P.G. or Taught - Developed a P.G.

Defense? Any one of them?

Offense? Work with or teach?

Terry Stotts catches all the heat, it's true. He is the

head honcho and it is his job to get it done. The

assistant coaches should be taking care of some of these problems. Each one should be assigned a specific area

of the total game. That's the way it works in other

sports - Both football and baseball.

Hitting coach. Pitching coach. Bull pen coach.

Bench coach. 1st & 3rd base coaches.

Line coach. Defensive coach. Offensive coach.

Special teams coach.

Who are these Hawks coaches and what do they do?

What are they responsible for? If we know who they

are and their responsibility, we could gripe about what

they are doing/not doing.

Any one know anything??

What is amazing is that you say HotAtlanta is totally correct in regards to JT skills as a Point Guard. I am talking about JT as a basketball player. A good coach can find use for talent on a team --- and JT is talented. To focus the attention on JT lack of good decision making is asinine when you consider the bad decision that Glover, Jackson, Shareef and the rest of the Hawks make. No --- two wrongs don't make a right but a whole team making bad decision equals a bad game plan and a coach that does not have the respect of the players. I will submit again that JT is not great but a good coach would use all the skills JT has and the other skilled Hawks (Theo, Glover, Diaw and Shareef in particular) and make them very effective NBA players.

What is amazing is that you say Hotlanta is totally correct in regards to JT skills as a Point Guard. I am talking about JT as a basketball player. A good coach can find use for talent on a team --- and JT is talented. To focus the attention on JT lack of good decision making is asinine when you consider the bad decision that Glover, Jackson, Shareef and the rest of the Hawks make. No --- two wrongs don't make a right but a whole team making bad decision equals a bad game plan and a coach that does not have the respect of the players. I will submit again that JT is not great but a good coach would use all the skills JT has and the other skilled Hawks (Theo, Glover, Diaw and Shareef in particular) and make them very effective NBA players.

You say in your post

"Jt is the dumbest player in the league and it isn't any of the coaches fault. A freakin high school PG can throw the ball in the post better than JT... "

That to me is a completely asinine statement. Who is making good decisions on the Hawks. From management choosing Koncak before Karl Malone --- to letting Nique go during his best all around year --- to hiring Lon kruger when several ex- NBA players were available that turn out to be better coaches -- to drafting Priest and the rest of the long list of draft disasters --- to the present day of hiring Stotts --- To the whole team looking like they are lost under this new coaching staff. The point is no one is making a lot of good decisions on this team players, coaches or management. To focus on JT as the Hawks main problem is just absolutely absurd.

You State in your post

"Yeah right...That's why his defense has improved over the

years..Because he's so hard working.....So hard working that he totally ignores that end of the court"

News bulletin --- this team is 10 and 25 -- the point is not a whole lot of good basketball or coaching is being done by anyone on the Hawks --- but I know it is mostly the fault of JT (hate)

You state in your post

"Who expected the hawks to do anything this year other

than a handful of people on this board? Not very many..

In fact, alot of people predicted this team to be the

worst team in the league and that's exactually what it

is"

Here I agree --- however I don't think 10 and 25 is what anyone expected and with Shareef, JT, Jackson and Theo I still think this team should be better than their record. As I stated earlier when we get our new coach under this new ownership --- we will bring this up again. This teams under-acieving has a lot more to do with the coaching than with JT.