• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Pelicans

Pelicans send: Jrue Holiday + #6 pick

Hawks send : Jeff Teague + #21

Hawks have Dennis starting and Jrue backing him up. Jrue is often injured but we got a great training staff so it's a high risk/high reward. We also get #6 and get a quality player in the draft. 

Pelicans get get a durable all star point guard in Jeff Teague, who could take some pressure off the franchise, Ant Davis by scoring and dishing out some dimes. Then they use #21 to develop a young guy or flip it for a vet to make Davis happy and try to make the playoffs in the west. I doubt Davis will be happy much longer with high draft picks, he wants to win.

image.png

15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

When healthy Jrue is better ... He tore it up when he came back and AD went down ... NO is not going to give him and sixth pick for JT let alone one year of JT ...

That could be true...maybe, but Jrue is always injured.

Always liked Jrue's size at the point. Plenty skilled all the way around but getting a full season or any playoff games out of him just isn't likely with the constant injuries. Playing fewer minutes should reduce that risk but he does seem to have Murphy's Law working against him. Something else to think about is do we want to commit eleven million to a backup PG playing twenty or even less minutes a game.

34 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Always liked Jrue's size at the point. Plenty skilled all the way around but getting a full season or any playoff games out of him just isn't likely with the constant injuries. Playing fewer minutes should reduce that risk but he does seem to have Murphy's Law working against him. Something else to think about is do we want to commit eleven million to a backup PG playing twenty or even less minutes a game.

I hear you but I kinda want us to get to a point where we're not pinching pennies.  I can't tell you how many times I look at the team beating us in the playoffs and think, "Man how can they afford to have that guy coming off the bench?"  I want us to stockpile talent.  Now, granted, the draft is the main reason teams are able to do this so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you but I kinda want us to get to a point where we're not pinching pennies.  I can't tell you how many times I look at the team beating us in the playoffs and think, "Man how can they afford to have that guy coming off the bench?"  I want us to stockpile talent.  Now, granted, the draft is the main reason teams are able to do this so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Bad drafting and an ownership group that had no interest in EVER exceeding the cap so they could get Luxury  Tax money from other teams.

That's  why this offseason  is important  to gauge where our ownerships pockets are. 

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The Cavs are todays perfect example of that. Makes me think of the posts that Gray Mule puts up showing his frustration about the NBAs policies being so imbalanced. We all have that frustration. The Cavs have gotten away with a whole bunch. Really just increases my dislike for them and of course I will never appreciate their charging bull that refs just love.