• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did the Hawks make a promise to Malachi Richardson?

Blunt91

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Based off of love for UK prospects. Ulis is another. I think he'll be a fine NBA backup, but taking him in the first round is overdrafting him badly unless it's late (28 and beyond).

Murray is the only Kentucky prospect from this year I really believe in.

I gotta agree here.  I know Ulis has all the intangibles and that's all cute.  But he's still way schmall.  Like a baby version of Kemba Walker (who I also hate).  Ulis might carve out a career as a backup but nah I can't take him in the 1st.  Just too low a ceiling on what he can be in the NBA.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I figure he'd go from disappointing me on one team I love to letting me down on the other team I love.  

Very mature .... have you been hacked?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Very mature .... have you been hacked?

I'm not going to say the kid doesn't have length, some skill and some physical gifts.  But he was over his head against SEC competition this season.  That doesn't bode well for the NBA.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not going to say the kid doesn't have length, some skill and some physical gifts.  But he was over his head against SEC competition this season.  That doesn't bode well for the NBA.

That's what I saw as well.  I kinda think Thon Maker is the version of him that could make it in the league.  Different games but somewhat similar body types.  I'd be fine with Maker at 21.

Any insight on Ulis?

Just now, kg01 said:

That's what I saw as well.  I kinda think Thon Maker is the version of him that could make it in the league.  Different games but somewhat similar body types.  I'd be fine with Maker at 21.

Any insight on Ulis?

Ya, Ulis is a winner, period! Sometimes you throw size out the window and measure heart. I don't know how significant his hip issue really is, but I want him badly!!!

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Any insight on Ulis?

Ulis has  a great feel for the game and is a skilled competitor.  He has to overcome his size issue to be a starter (otherwise he'll be a good bench PG).  The hip issue sounds like a big red flag that could lead him to really drop.  I hope he ends up in a good situation.  UK would have won a ring if they let him run the team his freshman year.

33 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya, Ulis is a winner, period! Sometimes you throw size out the window and measure heart. I don't know how significant his hip issue really is, but I want him badly!!!

Size has to be a factor because, despite the intangibles, it does matter.  Curry being a "winner" all season didn't matter once the bigger/stronger/faster guys were allowed to work on him.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Size has to be a factor because, despite the intangibles, it does matter.  Curry being a "winner" all season didn't matter once the bigger/stronger/faster guys were allowed to work on him.

That's all true but I'd rather get a floor general we've NEVER had, than a wing who will most likely bust. #gimmeheart

On 6/20/2016 at 3:48 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Not really, he's projected to go higher than where we are slotted to pick.  The promise is if he falls we're interested, so don't work out for team below us.

Not anymore.  This smells like smoke now.