• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did the Hawks make a promise to Malachi Richardson?

Blunt91

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Promises are stupid. It lets other teams know your plan and means that they've stopped looking.  Putting all their eggs in that one basket. 

Midround of the draft, it doesn't matter...  People always make big deals about promises and how it alerts other teams.  UHM... It doesn't help them at all as it pertains to you..

The whole league knows that Philly is taking Ben Simmons.   What advantage does that give to anybody else?  Let me also preference that by saying that when Shaq was drafted.. everybody knew that Orlando was going to take Shaq...  What's the disadvantage to Orlando?

1 hour ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Promises are stupid. It lets other teams know your plan and means that they've stopped looking.  Putting all their eggs in that one basket. 

Not really, he's projected to go higher than where we are slotted to pick.  The promise is if he falls we're interested, so don't work out for team below us.

First overall is a different situation. My point is that usually means that they (the Hawks ) may up panicking if that promised player is gone. Causing them to draft whomever that will never play or trading for more 2nd Rd picks or something. Lol

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not really, he's projected to go higher than where we are slotted to pick.  The promise is if he falls we're interested, so don't work out for team below us.

Fair enough... didn't think of that angle. 

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

If it wasn't for the second half of that Virginia game, we would not be talking Malachi Richardson right now. He would probably not even be in the draft and he would have very little hype going into next year. If a team takes him, it's because they believe they can harness those flashes from that Virginia game and turn him into a player.  But just realize we're talking about a guy because of ~11 minutes.

Outside of that he was a 20 year old freshman who shot 22% on his 2 point jumpshots and 37% from the field while having very poor assist, rebound, steal and block numbers. If we're taking a chance on an super athletic wing I'd rather it be Malik Beasley or if you like length Patrick McCaw / Wade Baldwin / Timothe Luwawu are all good athletic long wing types. 

No way I take him at #21.  Other than UK the SEC is basically a mid-major when it comes to basketball. He got punked all season long against SEC backups  who will never sniff the NBA.  The NBA will eat him alive.

25 minutes ago, coachx said:

No way I take him at #21.  Other than UK the SEC is basically a mid-major when it comes to basketball. He got punked all season long against SEC backups  who will never sniff the NBA.  The NBA will eat him alive.

Wait, you talking about Richardson or one of the guys @DBac mentioned?  Baldwin maybe?  Richardson was an ACC product.  That said, I think you're spot-on w.r.t. SEC play.

I tend to agree with DBac on Richardson.  He's potentially this year's tournament darling everyone falls in love with and who gets over-drafted (if that makes sense) based on a very short sample size.  There have been plenty in the past.  I've said all along Winslow is one (although I know that's not a popular opinion as everyone seems to think he's not just Battier 2.0).

I also *gasp* agree with @Diesel a bit as most of the guys after the top 3-4 are developmental hit/miss guys this year.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, you talking about Richardson or one of the guys @DBac mentioned?  Baldwin maybe?  Richardson was an ACC product.  That said, I think you're spot-on w.r.t. SEC play.

I tend to agree with DBac on Richardson.  He's potentially this year's tournament darling everyone falls in love with and who gets over-drafted (if that makes sense) based on a very short sample size.  There have been plenty in the past.  I've said all along Winslow is one (although I know that's not a popular opinion as everyone seems to think he's not just Battier 2.0).

I also *gasp* agree with @Diesel a bit as most of the guys after the top 3-4 are developmental hit/miss guys this year.

Sorry.........when I clicked on the article I saw that Libissiere kid from UK. I want no part of him at #21. I can't believe people think an NBA GM would actually taken him at #11 or #12. Based off what ? A Nike scrimmage from a year and a half ago ?

I like Richardson a lot at #21.

9 minutes ago, coachx said:

Sorry.........when I clicked on the article I saw that Libissiere kid from UK. I want no part of him at #21. I can't believe people think an NBA GM would actually taken him at #11 or #12. Based off what ? A Nike scrimmage from a year and a half ago ?

Totally with you on the Skal kid.  I know this isn't the end-all be-all but what player comparative to him has been successful in the league?  He's a skinny post player with no real perimeter game who struggled at the college level.  I don't see it.

He's at the top of my list of guys most likely to get their GM fired.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm a UK fan and I would not be excited about Skal at #21.

*gasp*!

Have you turned heel and become a L'ville fan?  Do you have to offer your wife/gf to Pitino/recruits as tribute?

Ok, that was too far.  Self-ban.

1 hour ago, coachx said:

Based off of love for UK prospects. Ulis is another. I think he'll be a fine NBA backup, but taking him in the first round is overdrafting him badly unless it's late (28 and beyond).

Murray is the only Kentucky prospect from this year I really believe in.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*gasp*!

Have you turned heel and become a L'ville fan?  Do you have to offer your wife/gf to Pitino/recruits as tribute?

Ok, that was too far.  Self-ban.

I figure he'd go from disappointing me on one team I love to letting me down on the other team I love.  

• Like 1