• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cap Tracker (tool for those tracking cap availability)

thecampster

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

The above link shows the available cap room for each NBA team. I hope this helps.  Cap space column includes cap space with holds. To get true cap space,  Use this formula.  Cap space + Total Salary (w/holds) - Total Salary + (transactions) = True Cap space.

Example: Hawks (note: This number does not include the loss of Teague salary + the cap hold of the #12 pick)

$8,332,662 + $85,667,538 - $56,925,323 = $37,074,5877  ($43,142,977 after the Teague deal).

The Teague deal adds approximately 8,000,000 for Teague's lost contract but subtracts $1,931,900 but won't be reflected in the numbers from the site till official.

Maybe the most interesting thing about this list is that because of the massive jump in the cap, the top 16 team can all trade for players directly (absorb contracts) without having to meet the cap provisions of the CBA. This means there are potentially 15 teams out there to market the services of Thabo, Korver, Scott, Splitter to in order to free up more space.

Just now, RamblinCharger said:

What is splitter making? 6 per year? I think he needs to be let go for a second rounder or someone like Anthony morrow that can come off the bench and shoot the three successfully

8.55 million this upcoming season. He needs to stay as he's the only competent backup we have so far but if we get Dwight, he needs to go for a 2nd. 

1 minute ago, RamblinCharger said:

What is splitter making? 6 per year? I think he needs to be let go for a second rounder or someone like Anthony morrow that can come off the bench and shoot the three successfully

$8.25

13 minutes ago, RamblinCharger said:

Maybe for the Spurs. Never looked great to me for us, but maybe the stats say otherwise. I haven't really looked into it because he played like 30 games.

He's a great positional guy. They are always in the right position and communicate well. For fans, it's hard to see their impact. I wouldn't trade him unless you have to trade him. 

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Here's Atlanta cap space with only Al's Cap hold:  (No Baze/Hinrich/Hump)

Hawks cap is 70,108,023 Million. Slightly under 24 million.

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Here's Atlanta cap space with only Al's Cap hold:  (No Baze/Hinrich/Hump)

Hawks cap is 70,108,023 Million. Slightly under 24 million. 

Looking at this as a "what if Horford leaves" scenario... We have enough space to sign a max big like Howard or Whiteside and since they will get the majority of minutes at center, flip Splitter for cap space plus what we gain from Horford's cap hold going away. We can sign a max or a bit lower 2G or SF and still have a solid team.

We would gain 18 million in cap space if Al left. 

22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Salary list of the 4 players I mentioned.

Splitter - $8,250,000

Korver - $5,239,437

Thabo - $4,000,000

Scott - $3,333,333

Total - $20.823 million in cap.

Other then Korver. We really going to start making some cap moves in trades.