• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Add me to the "excited" group

volman

Do we have our own thread?  Lots of doomsdayers on here after the Baze and Howard signing.  We are actually being aggressive for once, swinging for the fences, and taking what we can actually get (we would have never gotten Durant).

This will begin the shift of perception of Atlanta as finally a FA destination.  The system is in place, a great coaching staff, player development,  and an amazing city.  I think if we added Tyler Perry and his empire to the mix we would be unstoppable.

That being said, I think we let the chips fall where they may and go support this new team.  I believe Howard will tear it up and Baze will continue to improve on his game.  Can we fill out a bench?  That is my question.. Not even worried about Horford because we will figure it out.  

32, 32, 32!! Proud of the Hawks today! 

I must say, for better or worse, this has been the first time the Hawks threw caution to the wind to try to contend since the Moses/Theus days over 25 years ago. I fully believe that they will be able to fill out their bench, which is probably the reason why they drafted a pair of wing players in the first place. This is a far cry from the days of Erick Dampier giving BK the Heisman or touting Craig Claxton as our prized free agent acquisition...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I must say, for better or worse, this has been the first time the Hawks threw caution to the wind to try to contend since the Moses/Theus days over 25 years ago. I fully believe that they will be able to fill out their bench, which is probably the reason why they drafted a pair of wing players in the first place. This is a far cry from the days of Erick Dampier giving BK the Heisman or touting Craig Claxton as our prized free agent acquisition...

I remember when we "got our PG" when we signed Craig.  So sad how few games he played and how bad his jump shot was..

I am glad they are being aggressive for a change and not sticky with the stays quo, but the Hawks still aren't a destination for free agents.  Howard signed here because teams don't want to deal with his attitude.  I don't think there were a ton of suitors for his services.