• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The house is falling, the Paul Millsap trade thread

NBASupes

Clearly, trading your best player and top 15-25 player isn't ideal but it's possible. What would like in return for Millsap. A top tier prospect and a quality backup PG. Who am I open to packaging. Hardaway Jr (contract), Scott (contract) and that's about it. Not interested in trading Thabo, Baze or Kyle. 

Targets: Denver, Phoenix, Minnesota and Utah. 

From Utah: I would like Hayward and Mack back for Sap and Mike Scott

Why for Utah: They won't. While they could really use Sap, it creates a logjam. 

From Denver: Jamal Murray and Gallonari for Sap and Hardaway Jr. 

Why for Denver, it's clear, you can add Millsap to that frontline, you can come close to contending but of course your why not is Gallo is better than Randolph and PF isn't that weak. 

From Phoenix: Drajan Bender and Brandin Knight for Sap and Hardaway Jr. 

Why for Phx: It is an elite deal for them. They get a top player and a legit backup for Booker. They get to move someone who doesn't want to be there for a player in Ulis fits better. Why not: Not the best rebuilding trade since it's more win now. That said, you can put a sound squad around Booker. Chandler will be happy as will Warren and Bledsoe. 

As for Atlanta: Very good value for Sap. But why trade your best player. Why trade your most talented guard. Bender is raw and a project. Knight doesn't solve issues, only adds more. Why? Good question. 

Not sure how the Wolves one can happen, their cap is jacked up. 

C'mon Supers, you're not even trying.  No way PHX trades any of their young pieces for Sap who's surely not re-signing there.  Same for DEN.  No way UTA wants Sap to play with Favors/Lyles there.

Biggest suitors for Sap will be TOR and potentially SAS/CLE.  If I'm POR/HOU/DAL, I'd want Sap but probably none of them have a pkg the Hawks would want.

On 11/7/2016 at 10:05 AM, kg01 said:

C'mon Supers, you're not even trying.  No way PHX trades any of their young pieces for Sap who's surely not re-signing there.  Same for DEN.  No way UTA wants Sap to play with Favors/Lyles there.

Biggest suitors for Sap will be TOR and potentially SAS/CLE.  If I'm POR/HOU/DAL, I'd want Sap but probably none of them have a pkg the Hawks would want.

I think Millsap would resign if offered the max. I don't think Millsap cares about winning championship. On his latest deal he nearly signed with a 23 win ORL Magic team, had ATL didn't match the deal.

PHX a year ago was able to get LaMarcus's attention because of signing Tyson Chandler and having Earl Watson as one of the coaches (an ex-teammate of LaMarcus, who is also an ex-teammate of Millsap). 

DEN nearly had Millsap this summer in a trade. TOR doesn't really have a package for Millsap. Same with POR - plus they're capped out. Mavericks better off sticking with Barnes at PF.