• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Perpetuating the old regime

terrellgroup

My thoughts were, Korver should not be starting before the season started.  I am definitely sure now, Korver. should not be starting. The players and the coaches know Korver should not be starting. This could be why they are not playing with energy and afford we are used to seeing.  Why is he starting? Bud is ignoring this obvious problem.  Is Bud looking for the Great White Hope or could it be that the agenda is to please a certain fan base. I am not sure.  I do know that they're several guys out performing him, like Hardaway and Thabo and perhaps the rookie Prince, at least Prince can play better D.  It looks a little like favoritism (if you know what I mean). The old regime had some racial biases and if Korver continues to start, it appears this regime or just the head coach have these same biases as well.  Bud, If you receive this post, STOP coaching with emotons and play the best player.

I'm not going to blame it all on korver but he is part of the problem along with baze but the thing is , is that baze role need to go back to what it was last year and this new dribbling shit need to stop then in my opinion he will be fine.

korver is just older and slower simple as that but I rather we just get rid of his ass if he's going to have a fit about coming off the bench and I say that cause it seems like we are scared to bench him and I don't understand why.

I can tell you what the real problem is. Atlanta sports teams never just cowboy up like you have to. It is unreal how all of this cities teams are so soft. I am 50 years old and would have thought the law of averaged would have allowed me to see some toughness by now, but it looks like it will never happen. It sure is not Korvers fault. He has more heart than any Hawk out there.

• Like 1

Korver is all heart ,  I respect him for that and he does his best out there.  It is simply not enough.  He is the most limited on offense and defense.  This is not new, korver has not been that guy since the playoffs against Cleveland two years ago.  Granted bazemore is playing well offensively,  it he plays pretty good D.  First korver then bazemore for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, terrellgroup said:

This is not new, korver has not been that guy since the playoffs against Cleveland two years ago.  

Got to agree even though I thought having an injury rehab free offseason would make a big difference but Kyle just can't get open anymore and seems even slower on defense if possible. Pulling for him but almost everyone I think agrees he shouldn't start anymore. A big question then would be between Baze and Tim starting at SG. I'm for Tim because he can help by putting it on the floor but management probably will not be willing to lose any face by putting Baze's contract on the bench. Thabo would be for stopping someone specifically and not a regular starter I don't think. Think Tim would help take some pressure off of Dennis right now.  

• Like 1

On Sunday, December 04, 2016 at 10:21 PM, terrellgroup said:

Korver is all heart ,  I respect him for that and he does his best out there.  It is simply not enough.  He is the most limited on offense and defense.  This is not new, korver has not been that guy since the playoffs against Cleveland two years ago.  Granted bazemore is playing well offensively,  it he plays pretty good D.  First korver then bazemore for me.

I would say Bazemore is the most limited out there. I can honestly shoot a basketball better than he can.