• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Grizz deal guaranteed to knock your socks off

We get better defensively with Thabo and Allen and put a vice grip on the other team's junk....(sorry a bit graphic)

We get the Grindfather baby!!!! I've wanted him since he went to Memphis from Boston. He can put the clamps down on people and yell..FIRST TEAM DEFENSE!!!!

He's on the block...DO IT!

IMG_7478.PNG

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'd say it'd probably not be very beneficial to pair Allen with Thabo.  We need a wang capable of getting hiz offensively.

Ya but you can't deny...FIRST TEAM DEFENSE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What is your obsession with Tony Allen.  He's extremely limited as a player (we all know that), but in the one dimension he's actually competent in, he's clearly lost several steps.

The value in that trade would be the Williams kid who I targeted for us last year.  Unfortunately (of fortunately) we have Prince so Williams isn't really a fit now IMHO.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:21 PM, Spud2Nique said:

We get better defensively with Thabo and Allen and put a vice grip on the other team's junk....(sorry a bit graphic)

We get the Grindfather baby!!!! I've wanted him since he went to Memphis from Boston. He can put the clamps down on people and yell..FIRST TEAM DEFENSE!!!!

He's on the block...DO IT!

IMG_7478.PNG

Maybe Allen and change for Bazemore and a draft pick.

29 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Maybe Allen and change for Bazemore and a draft pick.

Depends on what the change is and definitely not including a draft pick to get a 34 year old Tony Allen on an expiring contract. 

To make salaries work it'll have to be something like:

Bazemore and Moose for Tony Allen(expiring), Brandan Wright($5 mil next year), Troy Daniels (2 years left at $3 mil) and Deyonta Davis (a young player to groom - the only thing I know about the kid is that he fell in the draft).  I would love to get Baldwin instead but doubt that's happening.

Grizz get an offensive upgrade to Allen and also someone who can fill in for Chandler Parson when he is invariably injured again.

For the Hawks, they just role with THjr as the starter (we need to see if he'll be worth extending or trade him as well) next to Thabo.  

Allen and his defense (what's left of it) off the bench next to Korver or as usual - play the rooks.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

What is your obsession with Tony Allen.  He's extremely limited as a player (we all know that), but in the one dimension he's actually competent in, he's clearly lost several steps.

The value in that trade would be the Williams kid who I targeted for us last year.  Unfortunately (of fortunately) we have Prince so Williams isn't really a fit now IMHO.

You targeted him for us? I don't recall...lol...at all. 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Troy Daniels (2 years left at $3 mil)

Actually would consider among other pieces a player like Daniels that has similar size to Baze but other coaches have already catagorized him as a SG role player so Bud won't display any confusion on his role or position here. His history from deep is good. Three per is really nothing anymore. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Depends on what the change is and definitely not including a draft pick to get a 34 year old Tony Allen on an expiring contract. 

To make salaries work it'll have to be something like:

Bazemore and Moose for Tony Allen(expiring), Brandan Wright($5 mil next year), Troy Daniels (2 years left at $3 mil) and Deyonta Davis (a young player to groom - the only thing I know about the kid is that he fell in the draft).  I would love to get Baldwin instead but doubt that's happening.

Grizz get an offensive upgrade to Allen and also someone who can fill in for Chandler Parson when he is invariably injured again.

For the Hawks, they just role with THjr as the starter (we need to see if he'll be worth extending or trade him as well) next to Thabo.  

Allen and his defense (what's left of it) off the bench next to Korver or as usual - play the rooks.

Sorry, I forgot how old Allen wuz.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I already said 34 in my previous post, smh.  lol.

Actually he'll be 35 in 12 days.

Oops sorry! 35 huh...well apparently we are a vet team so why not another 30+ year old guy. Lol

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oops sorry! 35 huh...well apparently we are a vet team so why not another 30+ year old guy. Lol

Absolutely Not

I reject the notion that you have to win with 85-year old guys just 'cause they're "vets".  Look at the winning teams in the league.  All winning with young vets.

That Spurs-ian sh*t only works when you have multiple HOF old dudes and even then it takes some lucky matchups.