• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Play, Some Things Will Change

jaywalker72

When the ownership groups takes over, there will be some changes, I have been assured.

Some of the things will be external, like marketing, etc. Some of the things may be internal.

One thing I have been told by most of the owners, including main owners Steve Belkin and Michael Gearon, Jr., is that they like Billy Knight and will be trusting him to make decisions on the court.

Now, does that mean they won't give input on whether to change the coach? I wouldn't bet on that.

It's good to hear that they like Billy Knight. iIdefintely believe he's the right man for the job and I'm sure that given the resources and support, Knight can build us a winning team. It's going to take time so I hope that the owners realize this and are prepared to be patient.

I don't have any feelings about Stotts one way or the other. I definitely feel that JT needs to go. I was hoping that he'd end up with the Jazz but I understand why we brought him back. As for Reef, a lot of people seem to think that we should build around him but I just don't see that. There's no way I'd make him the cornerstone of my franchise - especially if my goal was to win a championship.

And of course, the goal of any owner should always be to win a championship and not compete for the 8th seed in the East!!

• Admin

This has been the most fustrating season for me as a hawks fan. I truely believed that things were going to come together this season. This season is a waste and a write off. I never use to be before but now I am all for blowing the team up.

It has no heart. NO HEART AT ALL.

We need to get some players that will come and play hard and want to win.

I think Knight did an excellent job in the draft, and he did about as well as he could in his short tenure with the Grizz. Jerry West complimented the state of the Grizz roster and salary situation upon his arrival the way Knight left it. I truly believe that Knight could construct a winner here in the ATL. I don't think Stotts is a good coach for building a team at this point in his career. I think we need a teacher, a motivator, and somewhat of a disciplinarian. I think we can build around Shareef, unless he has given up because of all the dissention around him in the ranks this year, its amazing how he stays focused. The sporting sites certainly aren't blaming him for our problems this year, they say he is the only guy doing anything for us and that is true. The player who has quit on the Hawks is JT. This guy is charismatic and when he has that attitude it has a domino effect on the whole franchise. JT has shocked me with his attitude this year. Stotts isn't the greatest coach but he doesn't deserve to have his players quit on him like this, they may point their fingers at him but they have 3 fingers pointing back at themselves each one of them.

I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like Reef - I think he's a good player who plays hard (most of the time) and I truly believe he cares. I just don't see Reef as the kind of guy who can carry a team to a championship. He's certainly a building block but not the foundation.

I certainly agree with you on JT. He's quit on the team and it's rubbed off on some others.

I belive that Theo cares but the losing and negativity is just wearing him down and he's become very frustrated. I'd love to see what he can do on a team that really that understands how play defense..

I agree with you that Reef shouldn't be the primary focus of the team but I think he is an important part of the future of this team if he is willing to be flexible with his salary to allow us to add a significant core component to improve this team like a Kobe or a McGrady. I think he is willing to do that. I just hope this Dwight Howard kid turns out to be the second coming of Garnett, can you imagine Reef paired with Garnett?