• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

White disprivilege?

Eddielives

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765780-margo-kline-sues-hawks-alleges-discrimination-against-white-employees?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Sorry if this has been posted already or if this isn't the proper forum.  I was just looking at CNN and saw their usual generic headline about an NBA team being sued and thought, surely it's not us in the news again for something allegedly embarrassing......AAAAAND it's the Atlanta Hawks.  I'm curious if anyone has any light to shed on the situation as the articles gives us very little to go on either way.

Doesn't Atlanta employ a Diversity type resource manager? Sounds to me like a disgruntled, poor performing associate with an axe to grind but I can't judge that based on the information.  If it's true, it's yet another stain on the franchise.  In this day and age of sensitivity, I'm sure something was said or interpreted the wrong way.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good news for them is the EEOC dismissed the charge with a no cause finding meaning they saw no evidence of discrimination.  Doesn't stop someone from suing but is our only real piece of context.

• Like 2