• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roundball Dawgs 2019

Thomas

So talk to me, @Thomas.  What're the Jackets getting in this Howard kid transferring from Athens?

I wasn't impressed with him coming out of HS and haven't seen anything to make me feel any better about him as a player.

Seems like just a warm body for our big man coach to try and develop like he did with James Banks and Moses Wright.

So here's your chance.  Somehow make me feel guud about Howard.

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

So talk to me, @Thomas.  What're the Jackets getting in this Howard kid transferring from Athens?

I wasn't impressed with him coming out of HS and haven't seen anything to make me feel any better about him as a player.

Seems like just a warm body for our big man coach to try and develop like he did with James Banks and Moses Wright.

If this helps he actually has some potential as a center and Crean doesn't believe in the concept of a true center or maybe he just doesn't think they exist. He has the right size but plays softer which could be part of the Crean thing. Crean wants you to score and run period so that is gonna be a challenge for a lot of young post players with good size. He certainly could develop for you guys especially since you have that sorta guru developer Reveno over there. Saw an article that said Howard thought he would become a rim runner moving forward...uh...he isn't right now and that is why he didn't receive hardly any minutes in my mind. So anyway you may need a tad bit of patience there, good luck.

56 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If this helps he actually has some potential as a center and Crean doesn't believe in the concept of a true center or maybe he just doesn't think they exist. He has the right size but plays softer which could be part of the Crean thing. Crean wants you to score and run period so that is gonna be a challenge for a lot of young post players with good size. He certainly could develop for you guys especially since you have that sorta guru developer Reveno over there. Saw an article that said Howard thought he would become a rim runner moving forward...uh...he isn't right now and that is why he didn't receive hardly any minutes in my mind. So anyway you may need a tad bit of patience there, good luck.

Yeah, I'm not super enamored by it.  Just a body to put in Reveno's development machine.  He'll be better for us, probably, but this is like watching the Titanic sink then tossing DiCaprio a set of deflated floaties.  Thanks but ....

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, kg01 said:

Just a body to put in Reveno's development machine.

If Howard thinks he will be a rim runner then believe Reveno is probably the guy to help get him there. A lot of serious conditioning and overall improvement has to happen for him to collect a pro paycheck in the way distant future. How many different league levels does Spain have again?

On 3/23/2020 at 9:57 PM, kg01 said:

This may make you feel a little better about Howard. UGA is trying to replace him with a 6'10' 220 pound slow as molasses kid named Dylan Cardwell. He can shoot but his opponents appear to be midgets so far. Has been playing for Josh Smith's old school McEachern. So Crean went from a guy that wants to be a rim runner in Howard to a guy that absolutely never will be and Crean hates slow players with a passion in the first place. Sign of desperation I guess. Crean is beginning to choke on his leash just about now do believe. 

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This may make you feel a little better about Howard. UGA is trying to replace him with a 6'10' 220 pound slow as molasses kid named Dylan Cardwell. He can shoot but his opponents appear to be midgets so far. Has been playing for Josh Smith's old school McEachern. So Crean went from a guy that wants to be a rim runner in Howard to a guy that absolutely never will be and Crean hates slow players with a passion in the first place. Sign of desperation I guess. Crean is beginning to choke on his leash just about now do believe. 

Iiuc Crean is trying to convince a couple 5star 2021 kids to reclassify to the '20 class so they can spend their 1 year at uga.

His pitch is always the same.  "Hey, I coached Wade and Oladipo!"  Now he'll add Edwards to that mix.

The problem is kids see he basically wasted last year.  Edwards  will still go to 3 but an argument can be made that he regressed.  That resonates with kids more than the whole Wade/Oladipo thing.  Plus I'm sure the school year being shutdown hurts efforts to get kids to graduate early.

So you're left chasing grad transfers just like we are.  Luckily we had our primary class in place so we're not that desperate.  Close though.

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Iiuc Crean is trying to convince a couple 5star 2021 kids to reclassify to the '20 class so they can spend their 1 year at uga.

His pitch is always the same.  "Hey, I coached Wade and Oladipo!"  Now he'll add Edwards to that mix.

The problem is kids see he basically wasted last year.  Edwards  will still go to 3 but an argument can be made that he regressed.  That resonates with kids more than the whole Wade/Oladipo thing.  Plus I'm sure the school year being shutdown hurts efforts to get kids to graduate early.

So you're left chasing grad transfers just like we are.  Luckily we had our primary class in place so we're not that desperate.  Close though.

Crean would fit right into the AAU game. Run, gun, one on one and zero defense. Its not really coaching so a perfect fit. Oh yeah, did forget about the astronomical salary difference so that could be an issue. Another thing, Crean married a Harbaugh. No need for me to add to that one....