• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HERE'S THAT WORD AGAIN - - - POTENTIAL

Gray Mule

POTENTIAL!  When will we not hear this word when we discuss the Hawks team?  Atlanta has so many young players.  In the NBA where do we draw the line?  Is a 30 year old player on the line?  Or, is he 35 before he's old?  Where ever you draw the line, we have many players who aren't there yet.

Youth and potential go hand in hand.  Has this player reached his full potential?  With our young starting five, regardless of who we start, most will have a no, he's not there yet.  On the other extreme we find the LA Lakers.  They have no potential starter that hasn't reached his full potential.

The Atlanta Hawks were good last season.  Tied for 3rd in the playoffs.  All our young players from last season have grown toward their potential, yet haven't reached their full potential yet.  Our two draft picks?  Full of potential!

I believe this is the view of the Squawk.  Yet, so many of the "experts" have us way down on their list.  They can't see or don't want to know about our potential.  Temporary, fill in coach is now our full time, permanent coach.  He has his own assistant coaches now.  This is no longer where old NBA players go to die.  We are young and enthusiastic.  We've been there.  We want to go back.

What do you see as our potential?  Are these Hawks as good as we homers believe?  Or, are we destined for the lottery?  (Heaven forbid)

Please share your thoughts...

🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think we will see major improvement and confidence overall with our team.

With our starters and bench we will put relentless pressure on teams on both ends of the court. I can see blowouts nightly with us being on the winning end. 

Possibly even alot of rested young legs or especially our vets as our way to load manage.

With our confidence and favorable early schedule our high potential may be soon realized early during the season.

• Thanks 1

Yep.  Seems we just signed another center who fits this idea of POTENTIAL!

Can we turn him around and have something good?  Possibly.  We'll see.

Jahlil Okafor to Atlanta - Free agent signing - Non guaranteed contract.

For what this costs us (nothing) I like this !!

:sun:

• Like 2

Too much!  Is it possible to have too much?  Too many players?  Atlanta now seems to be three deep at every position and that's not counting all the extra good players at their SkyHawk sight.

Could Travis be loading up to go bear hunting?  Could there be a great, all star player that he has his eye on?  And, no, it doesn't necessarily mean that PG from the 76ers.

Yes, we have some great players and some great potential players (See this summer's draft picks) and there might be someone out there with a great player who wants to trade with Travis.  Hawks are loaded and still loaded with draft picks.  Travis has a habit of collecting some extra ones along the way.

What do you think?  There's not a lot of rumors.  That's when Travis likes to strike!!

Talk to me.  I'm surely not the only one thinking about this - - - 

:smug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Too much!  Is it possible to have too much?  Too many players?  Atlanta now seems to be three deep at every position and that's not counting all the extra good players at their SkyHawk sight.

Could Travis be loading up to go bear hunting?  Could there be a great, all star player that he has his eye on?  And, no, it doesn't necessarily mean that PG from the 76ers.

Yes, we have some great players and some great potential players (See this summer's draft picks) and there might be someone out there with a great player who wants to trade with Travis.  Hawks are loaded and still loaded with draft picks.  Travis has a habit of collecting some extra ones along the way.

What do you think?  There's not a lot of rumors.  That's when Travis likes to strike!!

Talk to me.  I'm surely not the only one thinking about this - - - 

:smug:

Honestly I think we're in a new era where too much is exactly the recipe. With pandemic restrictions, injuries and an 82 game season anything can happen. 

Having too much may be having just enough when it's all said and done (see last season).

I do think Travis strikes if something becomes available and things aren't quite working. My biggest question is who are the stars/superstars actually worth it over our guys.

LeBron is near the end of his peak. KD may have 4 yrs left. I don't see he or Giannis being made available anytime soon. Ja Morant is great but we have Trae. Which is why Luka would be out of the picture given our history. 

Zion is great but really how much is he better than JC for us and what will be the cost of the haul?

Harden, KAT, Dame, Beal and numerous others may not be a great fit and are not the best defenders.

Who is actually out there worth trading for and how would it help us more than hurt us?

Those are the questions I ask myself and right now I just can't see anyone.

Maybe Nathan Knight becomes a player we wish we still had but I could say that about the core that remains if we do happen to let them go.

• Thanks 1