• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Being more aggressive

Alf

I think a lot of times this season we have been out hustled, out worked, and simply outmanned and this is how we have lost some games where we really should have put teams away. Now when I say be agressive, I don't mean play dirty, more about getting stuck in there, diving for loose balls, get in their heads a bit as it were,etc.

Can these kinds of things be taught or addressed in a beehooving manner by Nate and company? Or do the players just need to have it click on their own?

Just hate to see us lose games not because the other team has more talent, but simply because they outwork us and genuinely seem to give a f*** as the game winds down.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Alf said:

I think a lot of times this season we have been out hustled, out worked, and simply outmanned and this is how we have lost some games where we really should have put teams away. Now when I say be agressive, I don't mean play dirty, more about getting stuck in there, diving for loose balls, get in their heads a bit as it were,etc.

Can these kinds of things be taught or addressed in a beehooving manner by Nate and company? Or do the players just need to have it click on their own?

Just hate to see us lose games not because the other team has more talent, but simply because they outwork us and genuinely seem to give a f*** as the game winds down.

I agree with that Alf.   It's hard watching us get outworked.  We have so much talent. 

I did something thinking about that OKC team.  They will be a monster after while.   Even if they don't win the Wimbanyama sweepstakes, they will get another lottery pick.   The Jalen Williams kid is good.  SGA and Giddy are good.  They will be getting Chet Holmgreen... and if you consider they will get another high pick and they can get somebody good like Baba Miller. 

Back to us.  I guess a coaching change is in order.   IF Nate is not reaching the players and if Players are not motivated to play hard, then that's coaching. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I feel like we have a bunch of guys who aren't all that comfortable with end of game pressure.   If Trae can take over then we win.  If he fails then it gets ugly.   Bogi knows how to finish games which is why when he's been healthy we've been really tough.   It's going to be interesting how we finish out with Bogi and DJ.    I think we've got to consider using Trae/Bogi/DJ/Hunter down the stretch with either JC/Cap at center depending on matchups.  

• Like 3