• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is the worst free agent group ever

tmac13

It only figures, in the one year we are gonna have plenty of money to spend there is very little to choose from. The more I look at it, the more I think that SJax may be the most appealing guy available after Kobe and Sheed. He is only in his 3rd season, keeps getting better, and looks like he is on the verge of becoming a 20 point a game guy. A backcourt and small forward combo of JT , Sura, SJax, with Diaw backing up all 3 positions may not be a bad thing. I also really like Pryz as a defensive pressence..He is also a very young player..We might be wise to try to draft a couple of power forwards, resign SJaz, Sura, Pryzand and a backup center, then make a real run at Tmac next year..Thoughts???

I agree. I think this really is a 2 year plan. By the 2005 offseason we should be free of all bad contracts, hopefully have a couple of solid young players signed and alot of draft picks from the 2003 (Diaw, Hansen) and 2004 (2 first rounders and 2 2nd rounders I believe) drafts, and quite possibly a high pick for 2005. Then we're ready to make a run at the unbelievable free agent class of 2005. I expect us to try to and lure big names this summer, but I doubt we come out with too much.

• Premium Member

I'll agree that 2005 will be a much bigger year, but 2004 is much better than 2003. However, there are some good FAs and restricted FA who are probably not going to be reuped.

I mean it's totally possible to get :

JCrawford, Jax, Qrich, Okafur, and Foyle as the starting 5 next season. That's pretty good considering.